Lyon à la Carte Bespoke Property Hunting Service
Lyon has a population of 516,000 residents with an average age of just 37 years. It is the second university town in France counting 140,000 students learning in 37 different Universities and Campuses including 20,000 from overseas. It is often referred to as the City of Light.
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Lyon boasts many historical monuments such as Place Bellecour, Place des Terreaux, the three Gauls Roman amphitheater and the Basilique de Fourvière.
Lyon offers great quality of life that appeals to both families and professionals. The city has over three hundred schools and many green spaces such as the Parc de la Tête d'Or. The public transport network is well developed with modern tram lines, four metro lines and 147 bus lines. Lyon is home to Saint-Exupéry international airport, is approx. one hours drive from Geneva, and has two train stations with TGV to Paris, Marseille ...
Why Buy Property in Lyon?The third largest city in France, Lyon is a good compromise between urbanism and nature. Located in the Rhône department this dymamic city is definitely worth a look for its economic, gastronomic and cultural dynamism, and the picturesque atmosphere of its narrow streets in Old Lyon. Here's more information and key benefits about why Lyon is such a popular place to live and work.
- A privileged location between sea and mountains, 2 hours by TGV from Paris and Geneva
- At crossroads between the A6, A7, A42 and A43 motorways
- Architecture; the Notre-Dame-de-Fourvière Basilica and the St-Jean-Baptiste Cathedral
- Great quality of life and a family and trendy atmosphere
- Peaceful walks and atmosphere on the banks and bridges of the Rhône river
- Green spaces to relax; more than 300 green spaces (incl. the famous Parc de la Tête d'Or)
- An effervescent nightlife and cultural scene
- A dynamic industrial sector (Lyon is the leading industrial metropolis in France)
- A rich university life thanks to its faculties, universities and schools of higher education
- A status of world capital of gastronomy (with authentic 'bouchons lyonnais', Michelin starred tables, gourmet restaurants and famous chefs)
- A great city for lovers of sport and football. Lyon is home of Olympique Lyonnais, and all sports can be practiced here, rugby, golf, basketball, handball, cycling, swimming, etc ...
Where buy property in Lyon?
Hunting in Popular Part Dieu'La Part-Dieu' is one of the largest shopping areas in Lyon, that is what it is called by the Gones (slang for people of Lyon). Well served by tram, metro and bus, the area is great for shopping and eating, close to several green spaces (Nelson Mandela Park, Jeanne Jugan Square, etc.), it also has a public swimming pool, a large library and an auditorium.
Invest in MonplaisirIf you want to invest in an area with a village atmosphere, your property hunter in Lyon should show you Monplaisir, dotted with small shopping streets with a friendly atmosphere and hosts a weekly farmers' market.
Dynamic GerlandA former working-class district, Gerland is experiencing a boom with the construction of luxury residences. A dynamic district of the city of Lyon, the Gerland district has a multitude of shops and infrastructures. Prices are affordable and are increasing offering opportunities for added value.
Trendy Place BellecourAn historic area, 'place Bellecour' is one of the most popular in the city of Lyon, you may have seen on TV before or sat at a terrace enjoying a salade lyonnaise in one of its shaded terraced cafés. Bellecour hosts events all year round and revolves around a large eponymous square bordered by gourmet restaurants and lively bars. Couples and friends often using this square adorned with Napoleonic architecture as a meeting point, it's a popular choice with wealthy buyers.
Soulful Croix RousseCroix Rousse is punctuated by slopes and plateaux, and provides memories of times gone by when it was the center the silk business. Discover the life of the canuts by browsing its museums and visit the typical traboules. La Croix-Rousse features many works of street art and is ideal for those looking for a place that has a character and soul.
Peaceful ValmyLocated in the 9th arrondissement of Lyon, Valmy is served by metro D. This family area is home to several structures for children, such as multi-reception centers and schools. Valmy has four self-service bicycle stations. Valmy appeals to buyers who want to invest in Lyon and have their search focused in a comfortable and quiet area.
Go for a stroll on the side of the outskirts of Lyon and discover the nearby towns of
- Villeurbanne for its sports facilities (basketball, football ...) and its renowned schools
- Dardilly and its countryside spirit, its many local shops and its cycle paths
- Bron with its Parc de Parilly, its media library and the richness of its cultural life
- Saint Priest 2nd city of the metropolis after Lyon
Try our Bespoke Property Hunting Service
By assigning a dedicated Property Hunter you’re giving yourself the best chances of successfully finding the right property, while saving money, time and stress. Manage your project and liaise with your Property Hunter with the app. 24/7 while enjoying the following benefits:
- reduce your searching time by 10
- having access to 100% of the market
- less fees, saving you 6% on average
- finding your property in less than 3 visits
- easy process and guaranteed success
- international team, multi-lingual service
- 95% happy customer satisfaction rate