This character stome built Manor House with a Coach House and 5.2 hectares of land is situated in a secluded rural forested area between Saint-Lô and Bayeux in Lower Normandy. The nearest amenities for local supermarkets, hairdressers, pharmacy and post office are within a 10 minute drive. Bayeux is 20 minutes and the UNESCO heritage site ot Mont Saint Michel is about and hour and twenty minutes' drive.
The property is set back from a quiet road with just one other property in the vicinity. Dating from around 1650 it was extended in about 1812. It benefits from full central heating, double glazed windows throughout the house and Rockwool loft insulation. The Manor House and the Coach House were re-roofed about 15 years ago. The Coach House is full of character and the current owners have started renovating the first floor apartment with new floors and some plasterboarding. The remains of the moat are to the front of the property, there's a small stream, and the property comes with 2 double garages, stables and workshops.
THE MANOR HOUSE COMPRISES
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall Good size with original wide oak stairs to first floor with storage space under. Door to front and rear elevations. Radiators. Cloakroom for coat storage.
- Cloakroom WC. Hand basin. Radiator.
- Dining Room 5.80 x 4.13m (min) Tiled floor. Partly glazed double doors to hall. Window to front and glazed French door to rear elevations. Ceiling rose and coving. 3 radiators. Fireplace. Door to:
- Lounge 5.80 x 5.60m Large French door to front, window to rear and south elevations. Marble fireplace. Decorative panelling. Coved ceiling. 3 double radiators.
- Kitchen Exposed beams. Range of matching oak base and wall units including display unit. Worktops and splashbacks. Original fireplace with wood-burner. Fan assisted eye level oven and 4 ring hob. 2 radiators. Windows to front and rear elevations. Door to:
- Utility Room 6.08 x 4.36m Wall units. Worktops with space and plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine under. Space for tumble dryer. Space for butane gas cooker. Partly glazed door to rear and windows to front and side elevations. Radiator. Boiler.
On the First Floor
- Landing Double doors to the library corridor, an oak door to stairs to second floor and another oak door to the North corridor and a central quiet area. Original Caen limestone flooring. Radiator. 2 windows to front elevation.
- Quiet Area 4.04 x 2.36m Parquet flooring. Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Library Corridor Small store room. 2 windows (one with window seat).
- Library/Study 6.36 x 3.68m Dark oak parquet flooring. Fitted worktop. Fireplace. 2 windows to rear elevation. 3 radiators.
- Master Bedroom 6.93 x 4.04m Parquet flooring. Wooden coved ceiling. Walk-in wardrobe with shelving and hanging rails and small shuttered window. Window to front and side elevations 2 radiators. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.91 x 1.77m Spa bath. Shower with seat. Hand basin. WC. Partly tiled walls. Window. Radiator.
- North Corridor Original Caen limestone flooring. Exposed beams. Radiator. Window to front elevation.
- Bedroom 2 4.85 x 3.82m Exposed beams. Large storage cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Large window. Radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Hand basin. WC. Shower. Radiator. Small shuttered window.
- Bedroom 3 6.06 x 4.25m Exposed beam. window to front, side and rear elevations. 2 radiators. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Large shower. Hand basin. WC. Radiator.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Exposed beams. 3 dormer windows to front elevation. 2 under eaves storage cupboards. Loft hatch.
- Bedroom 4 4.41 x x 4.34m Exposed beams. Wooden flooring. Dormer window to front and 2 small windows to side elevations. Radiator. Sloping ceiling. Door to:
- En-suite Bathroom 3.02 x 2.84m Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Hand basin. WC. Window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 5 3.10 x 2.50m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Good sized under eaves storage cupboard. Hatch to loft.
- Family Bathroom 3.54 x 3.04m Exposed beams. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and screen. Hand basin. WC. Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 6 5.71 x 3.16m Caen limestone fireplace and flooring. Exposed beams. 2 windows to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Lounge 5.91 x 4.22m A spectacular room with beamed walls and ceiling with a central section reaching to the apex with a chandelier hanging at the ceiling height of the two sides of the room. Ceiling spotlights. Large storage cupboard. Stone fireplace. Window to front and side and large opening roof light to rear elevations. Radiator.
On the Ground Floor
- 2 double garages 5.07 x 4.81m 2 pairs of double wooden doors to front elevation to each.
- Stable 1 4.10 x 3.94m Tap.
- Rug room 5.50 x 2.04m
- Stable 2 5.00 x 4.39m
- Stable 3 5.05 x 4.41m
- Workshop 1 5.48 x 3.21m Window to side and door to front elevations. Power and light.
- Workshop 2 5.60 x 5.35m Divided into 3. Door to side elevation.
On the First Floor
- Room 1 4.98 x 3.89m Fireplace. Window to front elevation.
- Room 2 4.98 x 3.61m 2 windows to rear elevation.
- Room 3 5.04 x 3.94m Window to front elevation.
- Room 4 5.01 x 3.64m (max) Planned to be divided into kitchen and bathroom.
- Room 5 9.29 x 5.35m Planned to be lounge/dining room. Triple aspect.
- Hayloft 9.15 x 5.32m New floor. 3 windows.
- Small detached Barn dating from 1650, currently used as tractor and wood store. Constructed of stone with loft over. Arched doorway.
- Summer House with 2 store rooms. Tiled floor.
- The land extends to approximately four and a half hectares in total, of which two hectares are parkland to the rear of the property with two ponds.
- Small stream which flows around the house and into the moat. Separate water feature in the small garden through which the parkland is entered from the house.
- Opposite the main entrance to the property is a small level paddock (previously used for schooling horses) which contains some fruit trees.
- A two hectare paddock has a block built shelter, and leads down to the river.
- A bridge across the river leads to a level field of just under half a hectare.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Oil fired central heating and woodburner.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 1,993€ per annum
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
Situated in traditional French countryside, the property has ample space, both inside and out to enable a family to pursue their interests in a beautiful environment. There is an easy commute to Paris from a train station 15 minutes away and air and sea ports are within a one-hour drive.
The proximity of the D-Day landing beaches and many renowed historical sights give potential for a tourist business opportunity. An Early Viewing is Recommended!
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Nationality of Owners: