Beautifully presented traditional stone house with a large garden of 5000 sq.m in Brittany. This property is deceptively spacious and offers family accommodation which would be ideal for a holiday let if required. It benefits from double glazed windows and plenty of original features with exposed stone and beams, oak flooring and a bespoke kitchen.
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.74 x 5.60m Half glazed door and window to front elevation. Oak flooring. Exposed beams. Wood-burner. Brick and wood kitchen units with worktops and wood splash-backs. Inset spotlights. Space for range style cooker with extractor over. Central island unit with butler sink and mixer tap. Solid wood worktop. Space for under counter fridge. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Cupboard housing electrics.
- Utility Room 2.19 x 1.91m Tiled floor. Partly glazed door to front and window to west elevations. Ceramic sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Hatch to loft.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC.
- Dining Room 5.70 x 5.38m Open tread stairs to first floor. Oak flooring. Glazed double doors and window to front elevation. Exposed beams.
- Lounge 5.71 x 5.64m Window to east and window to front elevations. Oak flooring. Brick display plinth. Wood-burner on quarry tiled hearth with brick feature wall behind. Exposed beams.
On the First Floor
- Landing/Study Area Oak flooring. Exposed beams. Hatch to loft. Smoke detector. Inset spotlights. Built-in cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
- Bedroom 1 5.95 x 4.57m Window to east and Velux window to front elevations. Oak flooring. Electric panel heater. Built-in wardrobe. Door to -
- En Suite Shower Room Shower. Velux window to front elevation. Pedestal basin. WC. Tiled floor. Inset spotlights.
- Family Bathroom 3.21 (min) x 2.95m Tiled floor. Velux window to front elevation. Inset spotlights. WC. Pedestal basin. Walk-in shower. Roll top claw foot bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Exposed beams.
- Bedroom 2 3.67 x 3.14m Window to front elevation. Exposed beams. Oak flooring. Electric panel radiator. Display recess. Built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3 5.72 x 4.50m Window and Velux window to front elevation. 2 electric panel radiators. Oak flooring. Exposed beams. Door to -
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.33 (in) x 1.57m Large walk-in shower. Pedestal basin. WC. Exposed beams. Tiled floor. Velux window to front elevation.
- The garden is laid to lawn with mature trees.
- Large patio area with shrubs and gravel.
- Well with brick surround.
- Detached Stone Barn 11.85 x 6.84m Open fronted. Slate roof (replaced 6 years ago). Door to rear elevation.
- Cider press.
- Stone Bakery with tiled roof.
- Renovated Stone Pig Shed 6.52 x 3.07m Slate roof (replaced 6 years ago). Concrete floor. Double wooden doors to front.
- Mains water and electricity are connected.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
- Electric heating with 2 woodburners.
- Broadband internet is believed to be available.
ABOUT THE AREA
The nearest village to this property has a bar/tabac/restaurant/shop. About 5 minutes away is the larger town of Louvigné-du-Desert with its shops, supermarkets and restaurants.
The property is about half an hour from the UNESCO heritage site Mont Saint Michel and 15 kms from the medieval town of Fougères. 'L'Ange Michel' leisure resort is 10 minutes away. The property is well served by airports at Rennes (45 miles) and Dinard (56 miles). There are regular ferry services from Saint-Malo (1 hour away). There is a TGV main rail line from Rennes too.
The nearest beach is at Genêts (20km). The D-Day landing beaches and the Loire area are about 2 hours away. The main towns of Saint-Lô is 1 hour's drive and Nantes is just under 2 hours' drive.
YouTube Video link available on request use ref MFH-NOR906.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: