Superb contemporary farm house with just under an acre of garden and a double garage for sale in the Manche department of Normandy, in western France, on the edge of the Normandy/Brittany border.
This delightful property benefits from under floor heating on the ground floor and the addition of a conservatory. The property was rewired about 10 years ago and is fitted with double glazed wood framed windows. The open plan living space is light and airy and the attached garage could be converted into additional living space or a self-contained gîte, subject to planning, if required.
On the ground floor
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Room/Lounge :
- Kitchen Area : 6.1m x 2.3m - Glazed double doors to rear elevation. Door to garage. Exposed beams. Range of matching base units and matching island unit. Stainless steel sinks with mixer tap. Built-in dishwasher. Space for free standing cooker with extractor over. Space for under counter fridge. Worktops.
- Dining Area : 6.6m x 6.1m - Window to rear elevation. Window and double doors to front elevation. Stairs to first floor with cupboard under housing hot water cylinder and electrics. Exposed beams. Central heating thermostat. Opening to -
- Lounge Area : 6.1m x 5.8m - 2 windows to rear elevation. Window and double doors to front and conservatory. Exposed beams. Granite fireplace with raised hearth and 12 Kw woodburner.
- Conservatory : 7.8m x 2.4m - Sliding patio doors to 3 sides. Exposed stone wall. Tiled floor.
On the First Floor
- Landing/Study Area : 3.2m x 3m - Velux window. Oak flooring.
- Bedroom 1 : 5.8m x 5.6m - Window to front and Velux window to rear elevations. Oak flooring. Exposed “A” frame. Skylight. Telephone socket. Walk-in wardrobe.
- En-Suite Shower Room Corner shower. Extractor. Velux window to rear elevation. Vanity basin. WC. Oak flooring.
- Bedroom 2 : 3.8m x 3m - Velux window to front elevation. Oak flooring. Sloping ceiling. Skylight.
- Bedroom 3 : 5m x 2.9m - Exposed “A” frame. Oak flooring. Window to front elevation.
- Family Bathroom : 3.9m x 3m - Vanity unit. Velux window to rear elevation. WC. Exposed “A” frame. Extractor. Large walk-in fully tiled shower. Claw foot bath with mixer tap/shower fitment.
- Large attached Garage and Workshop : 8.8m x 6.7m - Constructed of block. 2 windows to rear elevation. 2 windows to west gable. Exposed stone wall. Concrete floor. Sink unit. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Sliding wooden door.
- Double wooden gates lead to gravel drive and continues to front of the house and garage.
- The garden is laid to lawn with mature shrub borders, surrounded by post and rail fencing with mesh fencing for dogs.
- There is a well, fruit trees and soft fruit bushes.
- Detached Stone Bakery (8m x 5m) - with slate roof. Fireplace. 2 doors to front elevation.
- VIDEO virtual tour link available on request
About the Area & Access
This farm property is set in a country setting, 7 kms from the town of Saint Hilaire du Harcouet which has one of the biggest markets in the area on a Wednesday morning which takes over most of the town centre. The town has all amenities including some great restaurants, bars, and cafes. It also has a park with two adjoining lakes and a childrens' playground. There is an indoor pool with a spa and a water slide. Fishing and horse-riding are within easy reach.
The town of Mortain (7 kms away) offers a really good outdoor swimming pool, stunning scenery and beautiful waterfalls, and all amenities. It is within easy access of the main ferry ports, Cherbourg, Ouistreham (Caen), and Saint Malo (at the most 1.5 hours drive) and Le Havre (about 2.5 hours). The nearest mainline train station is at Vire or Avranches (30 mins away) with regular trains to Paris taking about 2 hours and 35 minutes. The closest airport is Rennes Airport (71 kms) also within reach are Dinard Airport (76 kms), Angers Airport (119 kms), or Deauville Airport (129 kms). The UNESCO heritage site of Mont Saint Michel is 36 kms away.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: