Consisting of most of a small hamlet in thinly populated unspoilt countryside close to Najac, this is a rare opportunity to purchase a pair of independent houses and a studio which are presently run successfully as gites, together with a large (in-ground) swimming pool, pasture and land extending to about 7,35 ha and a delightful rose garden within the walls of the ruins of a13th century chateau. This is a property with plenty of potential....
The MAIN HOUSE
The first floor
- this floor is accessed by stone steps up to a bolet and verandah overlooking the courtyard and chateau
- Salon (5,7m x 5,6m) (32m2) Parquet floor, beamed ceiling, radiator, large picture window looking towards chateau and secondary staircase to second floor and bedroom 4. Door to outside balcony.
- Dining Room (5,7m x 3,3m) (19,4m2) Tiled floor, beamed ceiling and radiator.
- Bedroom 1 (3,4m x 3.4m) (11,5m2) A framed beams and radiator.
- Shower and bathrooms (5,6m x 2,1m overall) (11,8m2) Shower room to the side with walk in shower, basin, radiator and beams. Bathroom with large bath and shower over, basin in tiled surround and radiator. Separate WC between the two rooms.
The second floor
From the kitchen, oak stairs up to Landing (2,7m x 1,9m) (5,4m2). With sloping ceiling and doors to:
- Bedroom 2 (3,8m x 2,5m min) (9,9m2) With radiator, timber floor and two Velux roof lights in sloping ceilings.
- Bedroom 3 (3,0m x 3,2m min) (9,8m2) With linen cupboard.
- Bathroom (2,7m x 2,6m av) (7,1m2) Bath with shower attachment, WC, basin in vanity unit and space for washing machine.
- From the salon, steps lead up to Bedroom 4 (4,0m x 2,6m) (10,6m2) With views over chateau, triple aspect windows including two Velux’s.
Under the house, there are a number of cellars and other storage rooms including the hot water cylinder.
THE SECOND HOUSE
The ground floor
- As for the main house, there are a number of very useful cellars and stoarge areas including a buanderie under the studio.
The first floor
- This floor is accessed by another set of stone steps up to a stone fronted balcony area and access to both the house and the studio.
- Kitchen/sitting room (6,8m x 3,9m). Range of kitchen units with round sink, gas hob with extractor hood over, microwave oven and oven under, dishwasher, worktops, parquet floor, electric radiator, views over garden and fields and down to pool. French door to outside and steps down to garden.
- Bedroom 1 (6,6m x 4,4m) with hot water heater and old evier to the side, beams, door to balcony, electric radiator and door to en-suite shower room with large shower cubicle, wash basin, WC, electric towel radiator, tiled floor and beams.
- From the kitchen, an open oak staircase steps lead up to
The second floor
- Bedroom 2. (4,5m x 1,9m min) With sloping ceiling and A frame timbers, electric radiator heater and door to en-suite shower room with tiled floor, shower cubicle, wash basin, WC and electric towel radiator. Internet and aerial sockets.
THE STUDIO FLAT
The first floor
- Open plan kitchen/living/bedroom (6,1m x 4,5m) (27,6m2) With open fireplace, two enviers, electric heater, door to small balcony and to
- Shower room with large shower, WC, wash basin and tiled floor.
The Ruins of the CHATEAU
The remnants of the chateau which date from the late 13th or early 14th century are located to the side of the two houses.
Two impressive oak doors with decorative ironwork give on to a large central courtyard which is alive with roses and other flowering plants in the summer.
Around the central courtyard, the original walls provide a very private area with many interesting features including two towers, a room with a fine vaulted Gothic ceiling, and an old residence which has been partially restored.
The land extends in all to about 7,3 ha. Adjacent to the chateau is a meadow of 1,5 ha, and there are two other meadows close by, all of which are suitable for grazing or hay.
The remaining land consists of a number of unadjoining but nearby plots of wood and scrubland on the edge of the valley.
The swimming pool measures 16m x 8m with a reinforced liner, surrounded by a composite decking area and surrounded by an approved security fence. Pump house providing storage for pool furniture equipment and products.
- Currently successfully let during the summer season from Easter to All Saints Day and potential for winter lets.
- Two septic tanks, mains water and electricity
- Fibre internet available
- 4G mobile signal
- TV by satellite with both UK and French channels
- oil-fired heating in main house
- electric heating in the second house and studio.
There's plenty of potential, you could make this property a very unique place!
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.