This lovely detached stone Farmhouse has been completely renovated by the present owners over the last 15 years and boasts character features with accommodation on different levels, a magnificent stone fireplace in the Lounge and versatile accommodation which lends itself to use as a B&B or separation into a main house and gîte.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE FARMHOUSE
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 6.21 x 5.50m Window to south and glazed double doors and window to north elevations. Exposed stone wall. 2 radiators. Range of matching base units with worktops and tiled splash-backs over. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood over. Double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Inset spotlights. Space for under counter fridge. Stone arch to split level lounge/dining room.
- Inner Hall Stairs to first floor. Built-in cupboard. Radiator. Window to north elevation.
- Cloakroom Pedestal basin. WC. Radiator. Inset spotlights.
- Utility Room 6.12 x 3.24m Glazed double doors to front elevation. Base units with cupboards and worktops over. Stainless steel sinks with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer. Cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Radiator.
- Dining Room 6.21 x 6.19m (in basement) Granite fireplace with raised hearth. 1 window to south and 2 windows to north elevations.
- Lounge 6.21 x 6.19m Granite fireplace with exposed chimney breast. 2 windows to south, 3 windows to north and 1 window to east elevations. Cathedral ceiling with exposed beams. Velux window to south elevation. Display recess. Access to loft space. Stairs to first floor.
On the First Floor (via stairs from Lounge)
- Master Bedroom 6.21 x 4.17m Window to south and north elevations. 2 radiators. Large walk-in wardrobe. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom Window to north elevation. Corner shower with jets. Exposed beam. Inset spotlights. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. WC. Pedestal basin. Shaver socket. Radiator.
- On the First Floor (via stairs from Inner Hall) -
- Landing Window to north elevation. Radiator. Stairs to second floor.
- Bedroom 2 3.40 x 3.25m Window to south elevation. Built-in wardrobe. Radiator.
- Bathroom 2.13 x 1.97m Window to south elevation. Radiator. Pedestal basin. Inset spotlights. WC. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment, screen and tiled surround.
- Bedroom 3 3.43 x 3.27m Window to north elevation. Built-in double wardrobe. Radiator.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Velux window to north elevation. Hot water cylinder. Radiator.
- Bedroom 4 5.00 x 3.21m Window to west and Velux window to north and south elevations. Radiator.
- Bedroom 5 5.71 x 5.00m (max) 2 radiators. Velux window to north and south elevations. Exposed beams. Access to loft space. Built-in wardrobe. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Pedestal basin. WC. Radiator. Velux window to south elevation. Shower. Inset spotlights.
- Double wooden 5 bar gates lead to gravel parking and turning area.
- Attached Garage/Workshop 6.89 x 3.85m Constructed of rendered blockwork under a slate roof.
- Wooden double doors to front elevation. Concrete floor. Power and light. Boiler and oil storage tank.
- Gravel patio area. The garden is laid to lawn. Vegetable garden.
- Metal garden shed.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank believed to have been installed in 2005.
- Heating is provided by a woodburner and oil fired central heating.
- Taxes Foncières : 1,340€ per annum
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated near a quiet village, whilst Vire and Villedieu-Les-Poeles are both pleasant historic towns approx 10-15 minutes drive away. The village of St Sever has a good variety of local shops including a pharmacy, dry-cleaners as well as all the essential food and delicacies for which the region is famous. Saint Sever is a farming/market town with a substantial range of local shops and facilities.
Granville, with its excellent beaches, sailing marina and fishing port is only a 30-minute drive west from St Sever, with Mont St. Michel, Bayeux with its famous tapestry, Avranches, Coutances, St Lo and the D-Day landing sites in easy reach.
The property is easily accessible with airports at Caen Carpiquet (1 hour), Rennes, Dinard and Deauville offering direct flights from the UK. The Channel Ports of Caen Ouistreham (1 hour) and both Le Havre and Cherbourg (90 minutes)are easily accessible and it will take 4 hours to drive to the Channel tunnel at Calais. There is a mainline train station at Vire which is on the Paris/Granville line and connects with Paris in about 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Video Tour available on request.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: