This delightful property is believed to have been built in about 1800 and offers character features including a granite fireplace. It had a major refurbishment programme in 2007-8 with works undertaken by registered French Artisans. It now offers comfortable family living accommodation with light rooms and high ceilings.
There is further potential to re-develop the Games Room or even to renovate the barn into additional accommodation, subject to planning permission. At the moment the property is a holiday rental and has been consistently rented out over the last 20 years for about 20 weeks per year. The weekly rental is approximately 2,000€.
The house is in an enviable position with the nearest neighbour about 1/2 km away. There are 360° views over the surrounding countryside and the large, old farmhouse sits on its own and surrounded by its own land. There is a wood close by which is criss-crossed by small streams and is a haven for wildlife. However, 2 miles in either direction will bring you to 2 well-appointed villages. It is just 6 miles to the bustling town of Vire with its wealth of restaurants, shops, theatre, cinema, weekly market etc. and direct train line to Paris.
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 8.41 sqm - Partly glazed door and side panel to front elevation. Stairs to first floor. Tiled floor. Radiator. Part wood panelled walls. Electrics.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. Hand basin. Recess for washing machine. Hot water cylinder.
- Lounge 29.76 sqm - Glazed double doors and glazed side panels to front elevation. Tiled floor. Part wood panelled walls. Telephone socket. Radiator. Door to stairs to:
- Games Room 49.52 sqm - Wood flooring. Exposed "A" frame. Sloping ceiling. Window to front elevation. Glazed double doors to east elevation with steps own to wooden terrace,
- Kitchen/Dining Room 27.68 sqm - Window to front elevation with internal shutters. Tiled floor. Granite fireplace with wood-burner (with flue). Ceramic sink with mixer tap and incorporating draining board. Solid wood worktop. Space and plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher. Space for under counter fridge. Fitted shelves. Space for range style cooker. Tiled splash-backs. Built-in larder cupboard.
On the First Floor
- Landing 5.85 sqm - Wood flooring. 2 windows to rear elevation. Convector heater. Door to stairs to second floor.
- Bedroom 1 13.01 sqm - 2 windows to front elevation. Convector heater. Wood flooring. Shower. Vanity unit. Built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2 12.73 sqm - Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Ornamental granite fireplace. Convector heater. Shower. Vanity unit.
- Cloakroom Window to rear elevation Wood flooring. WC. Hand basin. Extractor.
On the Second Floor
- Landing 3.87 sqm - Window to front elevation. Exposed beams.
- Bedroom 3 9.12 sqm - Velux window to front elevation. Convector heater. Sloping ceiling.
- Bathroom 2.67 sqm - Velux window to rear elevation. Baht with tiled surround, mixer tap/shower fitment. Vanity unit. WC. Convector heater. Extractor. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 4 7.97 sqm - Sloping ceiling. Velux window to front elevation. Convector heater. Hatch to eaves space. Exposed beams.
- Double gates lead to a gravel drive to car port, parking and turning area. Outside tap.
- The garden is laid to lawn with mature shrubs and trees.
- Various seating areas. Separate access which could be used for the barn.
- Pergola with wooden decking.
- Enclosed heated in-ground swimming pool which is approximately 8.4m long and 4.79m wide and 1.2m deep with Heat exchange unit which heats the pool to a steady 27° - 29°.
- Seating Area and BBQ.
- Separate Detached Stone Barn with corrugated iron roof (previously old dairy). 18.00 x 5.64m First floor loft storage area. Electric and water pipe underground.
- Attached Open Fronted Barn 5.86 x 5.64m. Attached corrugated iron barn 6.74 x 4.71m.
- Separate Detached Stone Barn with corrugated iron roof - formerly used as 2 small stables.
- Old Cider Press and covered seating area (under the decking area which leads out from the Games Room) 7.19 x 4.29m
- Workshop/Cave/Cellar/Basement 6.35 x 4.29m Window to rear and door to front elevations.. Concrete floor.
- Separate Detached Double Car Port 5.75 x 5.53m
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to a septic tank installed in 2001.
- Fibre optic internet.
- Roof in excellent condition
- Electric heating and a woodburner.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated near a village with a bar/shop and bakery just 10 minutes drive to the market town of Sourdeval and 10 minutes drive to Vire. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 10 minutes drive as is the Saint Sever forest.
The beaches on the west coast are an hour’s drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Nationality of Owners: