This Maison de Maître has been completely renovated to modern day standards but is in keeping with its period with many original features including exposed beams and stonework, granite fireplace, original floorboards, ...
This property is set in a really stunning position, ideal for those seeking complete peace and quiet; forming part of a small hamlet on an old mill site in a river valley with salmon and trout fishing and unrestricted access to about 50 acres of privately maintained woodland and meadows which create an outstanding environment for the pleasure of residents and their guests.
This house is situated in the Sée Valley near the borders of Manche and Calvados, approx. 5 kms from Sourdeval, the nearest town. A few minutes drive away the town offers every amenity including banks and supermarkets. Market day is held every Tuesday morning, and a 20 minute walk away is a well known local restaurant.
On the ground floor
- Lounge 6.52 x 5.96m 2 windows to rear and window and partly glazed door to front elevations. Laminate flooring. Stairs to first floor. Exposed stone walls. Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Recess with shelving and display niche. Exposed beams. Feature period granite “sink”. 2 electric radiators. Under stairs cupboard.
- Dining Room 4.22 x 3.86m Window to front and west elevations. Wood flooring. Convector heater. Part wood panelling to walls. Coving. Fireplace with wood-burner.
- Kitchen 3.84 x 2.62m Range of matching base and wall units. Tiled floor. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Built-in dishwasher. Inset spotlights. Granite worktops. Space for free standing range style cooker. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Telephone socket. Cupboard housing electrics. Glazed double doors to balcony.
On the First Floor
- Landing Window to front and rear elevations. Door to stairs to second floor. Inset spotlights.
- Bathroom 2.80 x 2.46m Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Heated towel rail. Claw foot roll top bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Inset spotlights. Vanity unit. WC.
- Bedroom 1 3.74 x 2.70m Convector heater. Window to rear elevation. Built-in cupboard. Ceiling rose.
- Bedroom 2 4.09 x 2.61m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Built-in cupboard. Ornamental fireplace. Convector heater.
- Guest Bedroom 4.58 x 4.08m Window to front and west elevations. Wood flooring. Coving and ceiling rose. Convector heater. Built-in cupboard. Fireplace. Door to -
- En Suite Shower Room 2.53 x 1.63m Corner shower with jets. Tiled floor. Extractor fan. WC. Vanity unit.
On the Second floor
- Bedroom 3 5.61 x 4.37m Skylight and window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Exposed beams. Door to small attic space. Door to -
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.09 x 2.41m Corner bath. Tiled floor. Pedestal basin. WC. Part wood panelling to walls. Skylight to front elevation. Walk-in wardrobe.
- Walled and wrought iron rails enclosing stone patio. Stone Wood Shed under tiled roof. Steps up to garden with area of private lawn.
- Basement Workshop 5.26 x 3.89m Door and window to rear elevation. Electrics. Exposed beams. Wine Cellar.
- Utility Room/Hobby Room/Summer Kitchen 6.04 x 3.88m Door to rear elevation. Tiled floor. Range of fitted base units with worktop over. Double sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank.
- Heating is provided by 2 woodburners and electric convector heaters/radiators.
- Satellite broadband connection believed to be available.
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
This Normandy property is situated in the southwest of Normandy, near the borders of Manche and Calvados, approx. 5 kms from Sourdeval. Only a few minutes drive away, the town offers every amenity including two banks and supermarkets. Market day is held every Tuesday morning, as is the livestock market. The property is within a 20 minute walk of a well known local restaurant.
The beaches on the west coast are an hour's drive away and Sourdeval is approximately 80 minutes drive from the port of Caen and an hour and forty minutes from Cherbourg. A little further afield are the D-Day landing beaches, the Mont St Michel. The Lac de la Dathée, ideal for walking, fishing and boating, and an 18 hole golf course are within 15 minutes drive, as is the Saint Sever forest.
The nearest Airport is at Dinard (70 miles), Ferry Ports at Caen (50 miles) or a one and a quarter hour drive to Saint Malo, and the nearest train station is at Vire (8 miles) from where you can take a fast train to Paris.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Needs some attention
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: