Avignon à la CarteLocated in the Vaucluse department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, the city of Avignon counts more than 91,700 residents. With it's gorgeous cobblestone lanes bordered by plane trees, it's numerous cultural events, typical Provence cafés and historic medieval walls, it's not difficult to understand why judges awarded Avignon in the competition of cities and villages in Bloom.
The capital of the papacy from 1309 to 1377 and recognised for its architectural beauty and historic importance, Avignon was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1995 and the city served as the European cultural capital in 2000.
Why Buy Property in AvignonAvignon, like the other southern cities of Montpellier, Carcassonne and Nice, is a major tourist destination. Four million visitors come to visit annually with the Festival d'Avignon being the most important cultural event of the year.
Avignon is a city of international renown, very dynamic with important cultural events all year round, 9 theatres and 4 cinemas. For sports fans, take advantage of the 8 public swimming pools and stadiums scattered around the city, which also lists 12 green spaces, ideal for residents looking for a quiet family setting or for students to revise in peace in an inspiring environment.
Avignon has more than 7,000 businesses, 1,764 shops and over 1,300 service providers, it's urban area has one of the largest catchment areas in Europe with more than 300,000 square metres of retail space. The commercial area of Avignon Nord is one of the largest in Europe, the real estate market is buoyant in the area.
If you're moving to the region for a quieter way of life or for retirement, it's worth considering living in one of the small villages that surround the main city centre. Some villages that are popular with expatriates include Sorgues, Gordes, Montfavet and Beaucaire, and Villeneuve-les-Avignon.
About Access to AvignonAvignon enjoys easy access to all the shops and infrastructures and is well connected with it's TGV train station connecting Paris in 3 hours and Lyon in just 1 hour.
You can easily reach the Alpilles, go for a ride up Mont Ventoux in Vaucluse, visit the Chateauneuf-du-Pape vineyards or the Camargue, all less than 1 hour drive from Avignon.
CityJet and Flybe offer seasonal flights from the UK to Avignon. The nearest major international airport is Marseille Provence Airport approx. 80 km to the southeast.
Buy à la Carte in AvignonBy assigning a dedicated Property Hunter you’re giving yourself the best chances of successfully finding the right property, while saving money, time and stress. Manage your project and liaise with your Property Hunter with the app. 24/7 while enjoying the following benefits:
- reduce your searching time by 10
- having access to 100% of the market
- less fees, saving you 6% on average
- finding your property in less than 3 visits
- easy process and guaranteed success
- international team, multi-lingual service
- 95% happy customer satisfaction rate
Complete the form to learn about our bespoke hunting service and tell us about your plans so we can help finding the ideal property in the best area. What are you looking for?
15th February 2023
- Considerations when Importing a Car from the USA to France
- Unwind and Indulge by the Ocean in Stunning Capbreton
- French Terroir, where Flavour meets Land
- Buying New-Build Property, Off-Plan, VEFA or ‘à la Carte'?
- Harvest time in France, Moissons & Vendanges
- Looking for a renovation project in France?
- School & Public Bank Holiday Dates in France
- Zoom on the Rugby World Cup France 2023
- Following the Camino de Santiago & Route de Compostelle
- Tips to Deal with Hot Weather in France