Character house in the countryside (180 sqm) with an old stone Quercynoise part with a pigeonnier in front and a contemporary wooden part from 2005 designed by an architect featured in the book "La Maison Aveyronnaise". It is well situated with easy access to the market town of Villefranche-de-Rouergue and near Rodez and its airport (30 minutes).
The property benefits from central heating with Okofen wood pellet boiler and drilled well with filtration system and UV treatment for drinking water. This unusual property is set on a flat plot of land of 2492 m2 with in-ground swimming pool (8m x 4m), outbuildings, numerous trees, a vegetable garden, a garage and a parking.
The ground floor
- From the salon, stairs lead down to
- Boiler Room (5,5m x 5,4m including the stairs) Concrete floor, Okefen Pellematic Smart XS boiler with direct feed of pellets via a pipe from the large hopper in an adjacent room, Water filtration system with UV filters, space for washing machines, door to outside and to arched cellar. Further door to lobby and to
- Bedroom 5 (3,8mx 3,1m). With tiled floor, radiator, doors to outside. Room presently being used as a home office.
- Shower Room (2,2m x 1,6m) With shower cubicle, wash basin in marble top, WC to side and tiled floor. Step up to
- Studio/summer kitchen/further bedroom (6,9m x 3,2m) With tiled floor, door to lower terrace and corner kitchen with twin bowl sinks, worktops and cupboards.
- Doors to double integral garage and to covered terrace and the gardens and pool.
The first floor
External stone steps lead uo to a covered porch area and into
Salon/kitchen (8,4m x 5,2m overall). A good sized room with salon area (5,8m x 5,4m) with radiators, parquet floor, fireplace with insert fire, exposed beams and stone walls. Kitchen area (4,2m x 2,9m) Units with pine worktops, sink units, Smeg dishwasher and range cooker, radiator and space for large fridge. Stairs to first floor and doorway to ground floor.
Day room (2,8m x 2,0m). With coir matting, stone shelving and vellum roof light.
- Lobby with access to outside balcony and through to
- Dining Room (7,2m x 3,7m). Forming part of the contemporary extension with timber curved ceiling, parquet floor, part timber and colombage style walling, two radiators and two sets of sliding doors to the terraces. Door to
- Passageway (3m x 0,8m) With WC off with basin and an adjoining bathroom (2m x 1,9m) With bath, round basin on vanity unit, tiled floor and towel rail.
- Bedroom 1 (6m x 3,6m) 2 radiators, concave ceiling, coir matting and two doors with safety rails overlooking car parking area
- Bedroom 2 (2,9m x 2,9m) Coir matting, radiator and door to terrace.
The second floor
- From the salon, handmade oak stairs lead up to the pigeonnier with small landing with sloping ceiling, exposed beams, dormer window and door to separate WC.
- Bedroom 3 (3,7m x 3,3m including part of landing). With radiator, velux and dormer window, unit with round basin with cupboards under, shower cubicle to side and shelved cupboards to side and exposed beams.
- Bedroom 4 (3,5m x 2,8m) With sloping ceilings, dormer window and velux roof lights, eaves shelved cupboard, exposed beams and radiator.
- Double Garage (6,6m x 6m) Concrete floor, electric roller door and water point.easy maintenance
- Gardens - To the side of the driveway is the well and borehole which provides both drinking water and water for the garden which are extensive (2500m2) and surround the house on three sides. There are a variety of borders with roses and shrubs and a large number of specimen trees giving a very natural feel to the whole garden area. Behind the house, in a very private setting, is the swimming pool (8m x 4m) with an anthracite grey liner, greenhouse, timber shed for storage, potager and extensive lawns.
- Mains electricity
- Borehole water with UV filtration system
- Septic tank and central heating powered by a wood pellet boiler with a large hopper in an adjacent room
THE AREA AND ACCESS
- Easy access to Villefranche-de-Rouergue or Rodez for shopping, smaller viilages with facilities and schools within easy reach as well.
- Rodez airport is wiyjin 30 minutes or so, Brive or Toulouse for other airports.
- Plenty of parking on either side of the house and no immediate neighbours and in a quiet setting off a small road.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: