Set down a private drive in about 2,7 ha of mainly woodland with lovely views over the top of woodland and also towards Najac castle in the distance, this beautifully presented 4 bedroom house was brought by the present owners over 30 years ago and has been extended twice to provide the present accommodation without losing the charm of the original 1800's cottage.
The main works that have been undertaken to the property include two complete extensions, renovation of the old part of the house, insulation, double glazed windows, gas fired central heating system, new kitchen and bathrooms and all these works make for an ideal family house where you can bring your suitcases. Some of the furniture may also be available to purchase.
The views from the house, swimming pool and the terrace are wonderful with Najac Castle in the distance and there are lovely walks through the woods below the house. Having sat for a while on the terrace with a glass of wine overlooking the views with just the sound of birdsong is wonderful and very relaxing.
The ground floor
- Salon/Dining room (6,4m x 5,0m) (25.3 sq.m) Tiled floor, radiators, Jotul wood burner, exposed beams, insulated walls to part and windows to two sides. Door to
- Entrance hall 1 (3,0m x 2,6m) (8,2 sq.m) Open to the roof, French dors to the terrace outside, circular staircase to first floor, radiator, door to kitchen and door to
- Shower Room (2,1m x 1,7m) (3,7 sq.m) A 'wet room' with radiator, WC, basin and shower with tiled walls and floors.
- Kitchen (4,6m x 2,7m) (12,6 sq.m) A fully fitted kitchen with floor and wall units, Smeg gas range cooker, larder units, twin ceramic sinks, Bosch dishwasher, space for American sized fridge freezer, tiled floors and beams. Door to Larder (2,0m x 1,3m) (2,6m2) With storage units, worktop, space for freezer, and tiled floors.
- Hallway 2 (3,0m x 2,2m) (6,6 sq.m). A pair of French doors to the outside, circular staircase to first floor and door to
Bedroom 1 (5,0m x 5,0m) (25 sq.m) With parquet floor, 2 window seats with lovely views to the outside, radiator and full range of built-in wardrobes along one wall. Door to ensuite bathroom (3,0m x 2,3m) (6,9m2) Large walk in Italian style shower cubicle, bidet, basin, WC, partly tiled walls, tiled floor, towel rail and mirrors.
The first floor
- From hallway 2, the staircase leads up to a landing and door to
- Bedroom 4/studio (5,4m x 3,0m min) (16,8 sq.m) Currently used as an artists studio, with mansard type roof and exposed beams, 3 Velux roof lights, door to small balcony with fabulous views over the countryside and woodland and built in units. Door en-suite bathroom (2,9m x 1,2m) (3,5m2) With bath with shower over, bidet, WC, basin, partly tiled walls, towel radiator and hot water ballon behind walls.
- From hallway 1, another circular staircase leads up to a landing and doors of to Bathroom (2,7m x 0,6m min) (2,7 sq.m) With bath, basin and WC and roof light.
- Bedroom 3 (3,4Study area/boiler room (4,1m x 3,2m) (13,8 sq.m) In the original part of the house, the gas fired Weissman Litola boiler provides central heating, cupboard housing electrical distribution units. Also used as an office area. Door to
- Bedroom 2 (3,1m x 3,0m) (9,4 sq.m) With sloping ceilings, built in cuboards along one wall, window and radiator.
- Timber terrace (6,0m x 3,4m) With timber sides and floor. A really good sized area ideal for al-fresco meals and for enjoying the amazing views. Pull out sun blind covers most of the terrace. Access off to the swimming pool.
- Cellar/sous sol (5,1m x 3,6m) (18 sq.m) With concrete floor, storage area, cave and hot water ballon providing hot water to part of the house. Located below salon.
- The house is approached down a private drive from the main road with shrubs on either side and leads to a large parking area for several cars and continues down to the front door of the house.
- A log shed is found to the side of the house and old timber shed is located above the log shed. The greenhouse is excluded from the sale
- Swimming pool (8m x 4m) With two steps at one end, liner (renewed in 2015), alarm, and pump house under the pool. The pump was replaced in 2022.
- The woodland. Tracks lead down from the driveway and around to the steam at the bottom. The trees are mainly broadleaf and originally we are advised there used to be grazed pasture at the lower part of the land but it has been reclaimed by trees. This whole property extends to about 2,7 ha.
- Services. Mains water and electricity, septic tank system, gas fired central heating with a large cistern above the house.
- The surrounding woodland is protected and cannot be built on
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
You will only appreciate what this property has to offer by viewing it and let yourself be seduced by the setting.
- Nearest village is about 5 minutes away with a shop, baker and a bar.
- The medieval village Najac is about a 10 minute drive with a range of shops, hotel and restaurants
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Septic up to norms
Tank in the garden
Nationality of Owners: