For sale in the southern region of France, in Occitanie, is this rare domain consisting of a historical French château with a 400 hectare estate fit for kings, located near Pont du Gard. The estate includes the famous castle of Saint Privat, which has hosted many historical figures over the centuries since its construction. Charles IX and Catherine de Medici, Richelieu and King Louis XIII are among the notable figures who have stayed on this property.
The stone castle, which measures 1676 sqm, consists of two adjoining wings and a residential building known as "the Fortified Templar Farm". Additionally, on another part of the estate is the Magnanerie, which includes a residential building called "the former farm", a mill and its bief, an 18th century chapel entirely painted by Georges Desvallières, a cellar and its abandoned cellars, a cooler, a small chapel near the Gardon, bread-oven, greenhouses, orangery, swimming pool, catacombs and beautiful French gardens.
This unique Domaine is ideally located just 30 minutes from major cultural cities such as Nimes and Avignon, one hour from Marseille Marignane airport, and one hour from the TGV station of Aix-en-Provence which makes Paris just a short two-hour train ride away.
THE DOMAINE & CHATEAU
- The Château with two wings - 1676 sqm living area
- La ferme Templière - habitation - 890 sqm living area
- silk farm
- old stables 900 sqm
- chapel with all its walls painted by George Devallières - 200 sqm
- Stone cooler
- wine cellar with winery to restore
- swimming pool
French Gardens Outside
- park with old trees
- French gardens
- private entrance shared with the Pont du Gard, famous roman bridge and to go to the property, you have to go under one of the Roman Arches
- The property needs to be restored. An amazing opportunity, and a large scale project.
- extra photos available on request
- POF + letter of intent prior to visits
Access to the Château
This is an incredibly rare opportunity in a stunning environment, full of history and with enormous potential for the right restoration project.
- Avignon and Nimes at 30 minutes
- an hour from Marseille and Montpellier airports
- small aeroport at Avignon for private and internal flights (30 mins)
- an hour from TGV station and Paris in two hours
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Needs upgrading and modernising
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Septic tank needs updating
Nationality of Owners: