18th century French Château in the middle of a park and woods situated close to a village with amenities near Mazamet in the Tarn department in southwest France.
The castle has kept all its original charm and character with many features such as the high ceilings, wooden beams, 8 fireplaces some of them marble, 3 staircases, chestnut paneling, old tiles and typical architecture of that period, with main rooms for the chateau owners and its secret passages for the servants…
The château is on three floors (230 sq.m on each) and needs to be upgraded except the roof which has been restored. The castle offers over 500 sq.m of potential living area, it comes with many rooms, some have been restored and others are waiting for the new owners to apply their touch to make it their own. There is some furniture, a mixture of old large items that suit the age (and scale) of the property and some more modern items that do not look out of place. The owners are happy to include these in the sale along with the cleaning robot and other cleaning equipment plus other items for the pool such as winter and summer covers.
Outside is the lovely park with old trees and a large secured swimming pool (15m x 6m with a deep end, graduating to a shallow end for paddling), the total land size is 6,2 hectares (woods and meadows), it has previously been used for 2/3 horses.
The ground floor
- access via entrance - 12 sqm
- living room 1 with fireplace - 32 sqm
- living room 2 with fireplace - 20 sqm
- reception room / dining room - 67 sqm - refurbished floor with insulation underneath and marble feature fireplace
- kitchen - 43 sqm
- laundry and cellar - 12 sqm
- office - 14 sqm
The first floor
- master bedroom and bathroom - 50 sqm
- 6 bedrooms - average size 25 sqm
The last floor
- several rooms which used to be servants part - 118 sqm
- substantial attic space with very good potential - 119 sqm
- large pool (15m x 6m with deep end) with security perimeter and terraces
- easy maintenance in park with mature trees
- streams and large pond in winter
- source – useful for maintaining pool and garden
- fields/meadows (suitable for 2/3 horses)
- outdoor store for garden tractor, wood splitter, lawnmower.
- stone outbuilding for renovation, previously used as stables
- the roof has been renovated (new tiles, felt and gutters)
- significant part of electrics renovated / new double glazed windows on top floor
- there’s 1 operational bathroom and 2 WCs. Potential for an extra bathroom room + 2/3 ensuite bathrooms.
- the chateau needs to be fully modernised and finished to personal taste, sold with the furniture
- 360 degree video available on request (our ref MFH-MSA44510)
The Area and Access
This French chateau would be ideal for a large family or for a B&B project in Occitanie. 360° VIDEO tour available on request.
- local village with amenities 3 minutes
- Market town of Mazamet at 12 minutes
- Toulouse, Carcassonne & Béziers airport at 1.30 hr drive
A RARE OPPORTUNITY , ideal for lovers of character. NOW REDUCED.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Gas bottles for cooking
Nationality of Owners: