7 bedroomed Château set in beautiful walled gardens of over an acre situated in a small village with amenities in Normandy. The Château is mentioned as far back as the original sale of the building plot in 1882 by a Marquis. The current owners have had the property in their family for over 20 years. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings and versatile living accommodation and would lend itself to continued use as a family home or for a Bed and Breakfast.
THE CHATEAU COMPRISES
On the ground floor
- External granite steps to:
- Entrance Hall Partly glazed double doors to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Stairs to first floor and stairs to basement. Built-in cupboard housing electrics. Glazed double doors and side panel to:
- Inner Hall 4.74 x 1.91m Partly glazed double doors to rear elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Telephone socket. Coving. Double doors to:
- Dining Room 4.75 x 4.48m Part wood panelled walls. Decorative marble fireplace. Wood flooring. 2 windows to rear elevation. Ornate ceiling rose and coving. Radiator. Built-in cupboard. Double doors to:
- Lounge 4.12 x 4.04m Wood flooring. 2 windows to south elevation. Radiator. Ornate ceiling rose and coving. Marble fireplace (working).
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.39 x 4.05m 2 windows to front and window to rear elevations. Wood flooring. 2 radiators. Space for free standing fridge and freezer. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Range of matching base and wall units including built-in oven and microwave. 4 ring hob (3 gas and 1 electric) with extractor over. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Double sink unit with mixer tap. Ceiling rose and coving.
- Cloakroom WC. Extractor fan.
On the First Floor
- Landing Stairs to second floor. Wood flooring. Window to rear elevation. Built-in shelves. Radiator. Cupboards.
- Bedroom 1 4.56 x 3.69m 2 windows to rear elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Coving. Door to:
- “Jack & Jill” Shower Room 4.56 x 1.48m Window to east elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Twin vanity unit with mirror and light over. Cabin shower with jets. Bidet. Partly tiled walls.
- Bedroom 2 4.46 x 3.64m Door to “Jack and Jill” shower room. Wood flooring. Radiator. 2 windows to front elevation.
- Cloakroom Window to front elevation. Radiator. Wood flooring. Partly tiled walls. Pedestal basin.
- Master Bedroom 4.39 x 3.44m Window to front and rear elevations. Wood flooring. Radiator. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.19 x 2.00m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Bath with claw feet. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Shower unit with jets. Partly tiled walls.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Skylight to rear elevation.
- Bedroom 5 4.52 x 3.56m Window to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Bedroom 6/Study 5.10 x 4.49m Window to east and window to front elevations. Wood flooring. Radiator. Access to Observatory via drop down ladder.
- Shower Room 2.58 x 2.18m Skylight to front elevation. Wood flooring. Corner shower. Pedestal basin. WC. Radiator. Partly tiled walls.
- Bedroom 7 5.53 x 4.18m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator.
In the Basement (garden level)
- Utility Room 5.45 x 3.66m Window to west and south elevations. Double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine.
- Wine Cellar Partly glazed door to south elevation and garden.
- Boiler Room 9.41 x 3.28m Boiler and oil storage tanks. Door to garden.
- Garden Room 9.41 x 4.01m 2 windows to east and partly glazed doors to south elevations.
- Superb walled garden with specimen trees including a honey locust tree, a maiden hair tree and araucaria (which are listed) and mature shrubs including rhododendrons and azaleas. Garden laid to lawn. Well.
- Vegetable garden and orchard. Greenhouse.
- Separate Detached Stone Building divided into:
- Garage/Wood Store 5.62 x 4.61m Cobble floor. Double doors to west elevation.
- Garage 5.62 x 5.20m 2 windows to north and double doors to west elevations. Stairs to loft over with 2 windows to front elevation (could be converted).
- Attached to the rear is a garden shed and WC.
- Mains water, electricity, telephone and drainage.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Broadband internet connection.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
This Château property is ideally situated within walking distance of the village centre with amenities including post office, supermarket and school, but in a quiet position. The house is about 1 1/4 hours drive from the ferry port at Caen and 15 minutes from Vire.
The nearest beach is at Granville which is about 50 minutes drive to the west and Mont St Michel, Bayeux and the landing beaches are within easy driving distance. The forest of Saint-Sever is about a 10 minute drive, together with the Lac de la Dathée and an 18 hole golf course.
Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate this Château and it's beautiful gardens.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Good general condition
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Connected to mains town system
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: