Stud farm and equestrian training centre for sale with 2 houses, groom accommodation, and stabling for 50 horses set in 23 hectares of land in Normandy. If you are looking for an equestrian opportunity in a good area, there more than 20 racetracks within 60 kms.
The Stud Farm and training centre would lend itself to an owner /occupier with a second yard rented out as there is separate living accommodation, yard and grazing, groom's accommodation for both installations, and some shared facilities. The 3 bedroom bungalow was completed in 2009. The separate detached house is at the other end of the yard. The property consists of:
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE BUNGALOW
All on one level
- Open Plan Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen 7.02 x 5.21m Glazed door and window to rear and sliding patio doors to front elevations. Tiled floor with underfloor heating. Kitchen area with matching base and wall units. Worktops. Built-in dishwasher. Sinks with mixer tap. Space for free standing cooker with extractor over. Breakfast bar. Space for free standing fridge/freezer.
- Cloakroom WC. Tiled floor. Vent.
- Inner Hall Tiled floor. Cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
- Bedroom 1 3.31 x 2.93m Window. Laminate flooring. Built-in wardrobe.
- Bathroom Obscure glazed window. Shower. Vanity unit. Tiled floor. Extractor. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround.
- Bedroom 2 3.75 x 3.03m Double aspect. Laminate flooring. Built-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3 3.40 x 2.89m Built-in wardrobes to one wall. Laminate flooring. Window to rear elevation.
- Attached Garage 7.07 x 3.25m Metal up and over door. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Door to garden. Heat exchange pump.
- Timber car port and garden store. Block built shed.
- Garden laid to lawn. Pond.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Utility Room Space and plumbing for washing machine. Window to rear elevation. Electrics. Tiled floor. Storage area.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 4.08 x 3.96m Tiled floor. Partly glazed door to front and window to rear elevations. Sink with mixer tap. Matching base and wall units. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Built-in dishwasher and electric oven. 4 ring gas hob with extractor over. Divider. Electrics. Radiator. Wood panelled wall. Space for fridge/freezer.
- Living Room 4.16 x 4.00m Window to rear and sliding patio doors to conservatory. Tiled floor. Brick open fireplace. Stairs to first floor with cupboard under.
- Wrap around Conservatory 10.56 x 3.21m Windows all round. Overlooking tracks and paddocks. Tiled floor. 3 radiators. Central heating thermostat.
- Inner Hall Tiled floor. Window. Radiator.
- Cloakroom WC. Tiled floor. Window.
- Bathroom Shower. Bath. Tiled floor and walls. Extractor. Radiator. Window. Twin vanity unit. Heated towel rail.
On the First Floor
- Bedroom 1 3.74 x 3.54m Window to front and rear elevations. 2 radiators. Laminate flooring. Built-in wardrobe.
- Cloakroom WC. Laminate flooring.
- Bedroom 2 3.67 x 3.65m Window to front and rear elevations. Built-in wardrobes. Laminate flooring. Radiator. Door to:
- Bedroom 3 4.05 x 3.30m Built-in wardrobes. Laminate flooring.
- Enclosed garden.
- Gas cylinder.
THE STUD FARM AND TRAINING FACILITY
- 2 straight tracks: 1 all weather surface 1,200 meters and 1 dirt track 1,200 meters. Circular track 800 meters. 1 straight track 800 meters.
- There are a total of 46 paddocks of varying sizes, all fences are post and rail and almost all of them have open fronted wood field shelters. In addition there are 50 stables.
- The yard is divided into two working areas. Each side has its own "street" with paddocks on either side.
- Barn with tack room, preparation/grooming bays and internal stables.
- Living Room. Small Kitchen area. Bedroom. Cloakroom. Shower.
- 1 Bedroom Mobile Home on site.
- Horse walker with 6 places.
- 5 open-fronted foaling boxes.
2nd GROOM'S ACCOMMODATION
Open plan Bedroom/Living Room with kitchen area. WC. Shower.
- Attached Hay Barn.
- Second Preparation area with 6 stalls.
- Horse walker "treadmill" on boards.
- Horse swimming pool – 4m deep.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity (separate supplies for each house).
- Source water for the house and yard.
- Gas fired central heating in the house.
- Electric heating in the bungalow via a Heat Exchange Pump.
- Drainage is to a Septic Tank for the house and an all water septic tank for the bungalow.
- Broadband internet connection available.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is located in the Orne in the Normandy
region, 48 km from Alencon, the department capital. It is 148 kms from Paris and 259 km from Calais. Popular places to visit nearby include Argentan at 27 km, Sees at 28 km and Falaise 38 km. The ferry port at Caen Ouistreham is 65 km.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Nationality of Owners: