This detached country house with spacious accommodation, character features and several outbuildings in immaculate condition is set on a lrge plot of over 7000 sq.m and located in the Manche area of Normandy. The house is situated between Le Teilleul (6 km) - it has 2 banks, 2 boulangeries, butcher, supermarket, restaurants and bars, and a good, although small, weekly market and Notre-Dame-du-Touchet with bar/restaurant, hairdresser, bakery and grocery store.
This lovely detached country house is set in a quiet position with no neighbours, at the end of a long drive. It benefits from immaculate gardens of just under 2 acres with a spring fed pond, ornamental pond and many mature trees and shrubs. There are several outbuildings in immaculate condition which would be of particular interest to a car collector, someone working from home or as possible renovation projects to create a gîte complex or for multigenerational accommodation. There is a separate detached house ready for renovation.
On the ground floor
- Conservatory/Entrance Porch 2.46 x 1.73m Partly glazed door and half glazed. Tiled floor.
- Open Plan Kitchen/Breakfast Room/Sitting Room 5.95 x 5.87m 2 radiators. Tiled floor. Granite fireplace with wood-burner incorporating a back boiler. Exposed stone wall and beams. Window to front and rear elevations. Range of matching base units including built-in dishwasher and fridge. Worktops and tiled splash-backs. Ceramic sink with mixer tap. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood over. Inset spotlights.
- Dining Room 3.72 x 3.42m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Exposed beams and stone wall. Tiled floor. Door to:
- Inner Hall Stairs to first floor. Tiled floor. Cupboard housing electrics.
- Cloakroom Window to rear elevation. Vanity unit. WC. Tiled floor. Half tiled walls. Radiator.
- Utility Area/Study 5.95 x 2.35m Glazed double doors to front elevation. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall and beams. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for fridge/freezer. Gas fired combi boiler.
On the First Floor
- Split Level Landing Exposed beams. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Bathroom 2.64 x 2.28m Half tiled walls. Pedestal basin. Shower. Claw foot bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. WC. Extractor fan. Radiator. Door to large walk-in storage cupboard. Hatch to loft space..
- Bedroom 1 3.79 x 3.42m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Exposed beams. Wood flooring.
- Bedroom 2 Approx. 12m2 Window to front elevation. Exposed stone and beams. Wood flooring. Sloping ceiling. Vanity unit. Radiator.
- Bedroom 3 4.30 x 2.75m (max) Wood flooring. Sloping ceiling Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Vanity unit.
- A small lane and gravel drive lead to the property and extend to provide access to all the buildings and garages.
- Attached to house: Workshop 6.20 x 4.38m Door to front elevation. Concrete floor. Electrics. Garage 6.20 x3.48m (suitable for caravan) Double wooden doors to front elevation. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Old Stone Bread Oven with slate roof used as wood store.
- The beautiful and well maintained garden is laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs. Ornamental pond. Outside tap.
- Stone, block Colombage style Garage with slate roof. 5.56 x 2.70 and 3.52m Sliding wooden door to front elevation. Concrete floor. Stairs to mezzanine storage area.
- Stone, block and Colombage style Barn 5.25 x 3.41m with slate roof. Concrete floor. Power and light. Window and door to front and window to north elevations. First floor over.
- Detached Stone Building 8.09 x 4.98m Pedestrian door and wooden garage door to front, window to rear, north and east elevations. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Attached Garage 5.00 x 2.99m Constructed of rendered block under a tiled roof. Wood double doors to front elevation. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Further large area of lawn. Underground spring fed pond. Wooded area.
An Old Stone House believed to have been built 1600's and constructed of stone under a slate roof:
- Living Room 6.73 x 5.79m Concrete floor. Door and window to front and door to rear elevations. Power and light.
- Room 2 5.79 x 5.26m Electric meter. Door to rear and window to front elevations. Stairs to first floor.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank (a separate installation is already in place for the old house to renovate).
- Gas fired central heating and an alternative woodburner with backboiler.
- Taxes Foncières : Approx. 550€ per annum
- VIDEO TOUR link available on request
ABOUT THE AREA
The property is situated on the boundary of the 'Parc Naturel Regional Normandie Maine', amidst rolling countryside in a small rural hamlet. Nearest main facilities are to be found in the pretty town of Mortain with its Abbey, waterfalls, 11th century Chapel and panoramic view of Mont St. Michel (about 10 minutes drive). This delightful town also offers a selection of Bars and Restaurants to suit all tastes and a wide range of shops together with a large supermarket. The medieval town of Domfront, with is narrow streets and ruined castle, also offers the same facilities within a 20 minute drive. Also St. Hilaire du Harcouët is only 12kms with a big weekly market.
The UNESCO heritage site at Mont St Michel is 46 km away. The Voie Verte which forms part of the Paris to Mont St Michel cycleway and provides links into a further network of routes throughout Manche, into Calvados and Bretagne is nearby. Located at the southern tip of Manche the property is served by the ports of Caen Ouistreham ( 1 hr 15 min.), Cherbourg (2 hr 15 min.), Le Havre (2 hrs) and Calais (5 hrs). The closest airports are at Rennes (apprx.1hr 15 min.) and Dinard (1 hr 15 min.).
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: