This impressive country property is believed to have been built by a Parisian family in 1920 as their holiday country house in the Manche, for easy reach from the capital. It has been completely renovated over the last 19 years including new bathrooms and kitchen, double glazed windows with electric shutters, partial re-wiring and re-decoration throughout. It now offers the perfect blend of character features and modern comfort.
On the Ground Floor
- Entrance Hall 7.32 x 2.08m Partly glazed door and side panel to front elevation. Part wood panelled walls. Tiled floor. Ceiling rose and cornice. Stairs to first floor with hanging space under. Upright radiator. Door to stairs to basement.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. Hand basin. Partly tiled walls. Door to utility room.
- Study 4.15 x 3.97m Ornamental marble fireplace. Radiator. Part wood panelled walls. Window to rear and west elevations. Wood flooring. Ceiling rose and cornice. Door to -
- Lounge 4.85 x 4.17m Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. Marble fireplace. Radiator. Ceiling rose and cornice. Wood panelling to one wall (can be removed). Partly glazed double doors to:
- Dining Room/Sun Room 5.33 x 4.86m Wood flooring. Picture windows to south and east and window to west elevations. Radiator.
- Breakfast Room 5 .01 x 3.87m Granite fireplace with inset wood-burner. Window to south and east elevations. Tiled floor. Upright radiator. Exposed stone wall.
- Kitchen 3.27 x 2.05m Partly glazed “stable” door to rear and window to east elevations. Tiled floor. Range of matching base and wall units including display unit. Space for range style cooker with extractor over. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Space and plumbing or dishwasher. Tiled worktops and splash-backs.
- Utility Room 2.98 x 2.29m (max) Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Tiled floor. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Worktop with cupboard under. Window and partly glazed door to rear elevation and garden.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Window to rear elevation. Upright radiator. Stairs to second floor.
- Bedroom 1 4.20 x 4.00m Window to west and north elevations. Wood flooring. Radiator. Marble fireplace.
- Bedroom 2 4.82 x 4.19m Window to south elevation. Wood flooring. Upright radiator. Marble fireplace. Ceiling rose and cornice. Partly glazed double doors to terrace. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.11 x 2.06m Window to front elevation. Suspended WC. Shower. Vanity basin. Partly tiled walls. Heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 3 4.02 x 3.9 Window to south and east elevations. Wood flooring. Upright radiator. Marble fireplace.. Ceiling rose and cornice.
- Family Bathroom 3.90 x 2.95m Window to west and north elevations. WC. Bidet. Corner shower. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Heated towel rail. Corner bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Wood flooring. Radiator.
On the Second Floor
- Landing Velux window with rain sensor which closes automatically and may be opened by remote control to the rear elevation. Wood flooring.
- Bedroom 4 4.12 x 3.14m Velux window to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Sloping ceiling.
- Library/Study 4.81 x 4.10m Window to west and south elevations. Wood flooring. Upright radiator. Telephone socket. Internet point.
- Bedroom 5 6.59 x 3.75m Velux window to rear and window to front elevations. 2 radiators. Hatch to loft. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 2.92 x 1.06m Velux window to front elevation. Exposed beams. Vanity unit with mirror and light over. Bidet. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment and tiled surround. Wood flooring. WC. Heated towel rail. Sloping ceiling.
In the Basement
- Full basement with concrete floor
- Power and light.
- Oil storage tank.
- Water cylinder for well water.
- Workshop and Garage with meter up and over door
- Wrought iron gates lead to tarmac drive and turning circle.
- Park like gardens with mature trees and shrubs. Terrace.
- Detached Block Built Garage and Workshop 8.81 3.03m + 6.42 x 3.18m Remote controlled electric up and over door. Concrete floor. Power and light. Loft storage over.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
- A new all water septic tank is being installed by the Vendors in 2020.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Oil fired central heating and an inset woodburner.
- VIDEO link available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The closest town at Le Teilleul has 2 banks, 2 bakers, butcher, supermarket, restaurants and bars, and a good, although small, weekly market. The property is situated in the Selune Valley on the boundary of the 'Parc Naturel Regional Normandie Maine', amidst rolling countryside in a small rural hamlet with no close neighbours.
Nearest main facilities are to be found in the pretty town of Mortain with its Abbey, waterfalls, 11th century Chapel and panoramic view of Mont St. Michel (about 10 minutes drive). This delightful town also offers a selection of Bars and Restaurants to suit all tastes and a wide range of shops together with a large supermarket.
The medieval town of Domfront, with is narrow streets and ruined castle, also offers the same facilities within a 20 minute drive. Also St. Hilaire du Harcouet is only 12kms with a big weekly market. The UNESCO heritage site at Mont St Michel is 46 km away. The Voie Verte which forms part of the Paris to Mont St Michel cycleway and provides links into a further network of routes throughout Manche, into Calvados and Bretagne is 1.5 km from the property.
Located at the southern tip of Manche the property is served by the ports of Caen Ouistreham ( 1 hr 15 min.), Cherbourg (2 hr 15 min.), Le Havre (2 hrs) and Calais (5 hrs). The closest airports are at Rennes (apprx.1hr 15 min.) and Dinard (1 hr 15 min.).
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Brand new septic tank