Manor House awaiting to be finished and restored to its former glory set on a large plot of over 7,000 sq.m with 2 small paddocks in Normandy. The property benefits from gas fired central heating with individual thermostatic controls on all the radiators, double glazed windows with roller shutters and spacious accommodation. There is the possibility of creating extra bedrooms in the loft space.
On the ground floor:
- Entrance Hall 4.79 x 3.93m Partly glazed double doors to front elevation. Stairs to first floor. Radiator. Electrics.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. Vent. WC.
- Lounge 7.46 x 6.66m Glazed door to utility room and garage. 2 radiators. 2 windows to north and glazed double doors to front elevations. Exposed stone and beams.
- Utility Room 6.55 x 2.79m Door to rear garden.
- Dining Room 7.13 x 6.62m Window to front and rear and glazed double doors and window to south elevations. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall. 2 radiators. Electrics.
- Kitchen 3.97 x 3.96m Exposed stone walls. Electrics. Tiled floor. Glazed double doors to south elevation. Ink unit. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Space for cooker and American style fridge/freezer.
On the First Floor
- Split level Landing Wood flooring. Door to stairs to loft.
- Master Bedroom 6.61 x 4.70m Window to front and rear elevations. Ornamental fireplace. Wood flooring. 2 radiators.
- Study 2.42 x 2.26m Oval window to front elevation. Exposed stone wall. Wood flooring.
- Bathroom 2.68 x 2.59m Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Bidet. WC. Bath with mixer tap. Wood flooring. Vanity unit.
- Bedroom 2 3.98 x 3.76m Window to south elevation. Wood flooring. Built-in wardrobe. Radiator.
- Bedroom 3 3.90 x 2.12m Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. Radiator. Built-in wardrobe.
- Bathroom 2.53 x 2.21m Heated towel rail. Twin vanity unit. Oval window. WC. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment, shower screen and tiled surround.
- Bedroom 4 4.01 x 3.33m Wood flooring. Window to front elevation. Radiator.
- Bedroom 5 4.43 x 3.25m Window to rear elevation . Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Bedroom 6 3.30 x 2.00m Window to rear elevation. Exposed stone wall. Radiator. Wood flooring.
On the Second Floor:
- Loft Ideal for conversion. Window and skylights already in place.
- The garden is laid to lawn with a part walled garden and mature shrubs and trees.
- There are 2 small paddocks. The total land is approximately 7,411 sqm but will need to be confirmed by a Land Surveyor.
- Garage 4.29 x 4.28m Roller PVC Door. Hot water cylinder. Solar panel converter with solar panels on the roof. Boiler.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- There is currently no drainage to this property.
- Gas fired central heating.
About the area
The property is in the Orne department of Normandy, near the Calvados border and is surrounded by wooded hills and valleys that form part of the Normandie-Maine Regional National Park, an area of natural beauty that extends to some 257,000 hectares. The rugged Brittany/Normandy coastline is just over an hour's drive away and there are several lakes with beaches within half an hour by car. Local facilities can be found in the village - here you will find an excellent bakery, butcher, a restaurant, a village pub and other amenities including a mini supermarket and hairdresser.
Historical Domfront, with its medieval port on top of a cliff, is only 8km away whilst Bagnoles-de-l'Orne, with its spa centre, casino, lake and sports centre, is also within easy reach (23 km). The UNESCO heritage site of Mont St Michel is 70 km from the property. It is 64 km from Alençon, the department capital and 225 kms from Paris. The closest ferry port is at Caen Ouistreham (1 hour 15 minutes) and the channel tunnel at Calais is about 4 and half hours by car.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Needs upgrading and modernising
Condition of Roof:
No drainage in place at all
Nationality of Owners: