Detached house and gîte with superb views, ideally placed for B&B for sale in Normandy. Further land of up to one and a quarter acres is available separately.
The house and gîte have recently been completely renovated by French Artisans and now offers excellent accommodation including uPVC double glazed windows with electric shuttersn new bathrooms, stylish kitchen, a Condensation Boiler for central heating. It has been completely re-decorated. The gîte will need a built-in cooker and vanity units.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the ground floor
- Covered Entrance
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 4.85 x 4.26m Tiled floor. Radiator. Partly glazed double doors to east elevation and terrace. Built-in kitchen with painted oak base and wall units including display unit. Granite worktops. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Built-in oven. 3 ring electric hob with extractor over. Double stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Built-in dishwasher. Small pane glazed door to:
- Dining Room 4.82 x 3.35m Window to south and partly glazed double doors to front terrace. Radiator. Tiled floor.
- Lounge 7.81 x 4.76m Sliding patio doors to south and window to north elevations. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall. Op0en granite fireplace with raised hearth.
- Inner Hall Stairs to first floor. Tiled floor.
- Cloakroom Suspended WC. Tiled floor. Vanity unit. Door to stairs to basement.
- Bedroom 1 3.30 x 2.89m Window to east elevation. Radiator. Laminate flooring.
- En-Suite Shower Room 1.86 x 1.51m Corner shower. Vanity unit withy mirror and light over. Window t9o north elevation. Tiled floor. Heated towel rail.
On the First Floor
- Landing Built-in wardrobe. Radiator. Access to loft. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling. Built-in cupboard.
- Bedroom 2 3.15 x 3.02m Window to rear elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator. Sloping ceiling.
- Bathroom 2.67 x 1.29m Velux window to front elevation. Tiled floor. Radiator. Twin vanity unit. Partly tiled walls. Tiled floor. Ventilation. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Sloping ceiling.
- Cloakroom Suspended WC. Tiled floor. Vanity unit. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 3 3.50 x 3.15m Radiator. Window to south elevation. Sloping ceiling. Laminat3e flooring.
- Bedroom 4 4.55 x 2.61m Window to south elevation. Radiator. Sloping ceiling. Walk-in wardrobe. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room 2.50 x 1.78m Velux window to rear elevation. Twin vanity unit. Partly tiled walls. Tiled floor. WC. Ventilation . Shower. Heated towel rail.
In the Basement
- Utility room (14.2m sqm) Oil storage tank. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Boiler. Double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Wine Cellar.
- Garage (36.5 sqm) with sliding wooden door. Concrete floor.
ACCOMMODATION IN THE ATTACHED GÎTE
On the Ground Floor
- Kitchen 3.56 x 2.91m Obscure glazed door to front and window to west elevations. Fitted kitchen base units. Built-in fridge. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Space for double oven. Tiled floor. Cupboard housing electrics.
- Lounge 6.14 x 3.38m Glazed double doors to south and window to rear elevations. Stairs to first floor. Tiled floor. Granite fireplace4 with raised hearth.
- Bedroom 1 4.30 x 2.66m 2 windows to south elevation. Built-in under stairs cupboard.
- En-Suite Shower Room Tiled floor. Shower. Extractor.
- Utility Room 2.69 x 2.01m Window to rear elevation. Tiled floor. (Could be used to connect to the main house). Space and plumbing for washing machine. Hot water cylinder.
- Cloakroom WC. Tiled floor.
On the First Floor
- Landing/Study Area 3.72 x 3.30m (max) Sloping ceiling. Laminate flooring. Window to rear elevation.
- Bedroom 2 3.16 x 2.69m Window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Laminate flooring.
- Bedroom 3 3.56 x 3.32m Window to front and west elevations. Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling.
- Cloakroom Suspended WC. Tiled floor.
- Bathroom 3.26 x 1.21m Tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Velux window to rear elevation. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Ventilation.
- 2 vehicular accesses – one with tarmac drive and parking. Covered terrace area with stone floor. Rockery.
- The garden is laid to lawn with mature trees, shrubs and flower borders. Fig and Olive trees.
- Greenhouse to renovate.
- Separate detached Garage 6.00 x 5.14m Constructed of block under Fibro cement roof.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity.
- Drainage is to a septic tank.
- Oil fired central heating in the main house and provision for electric heating in the gîte.
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The house is conveniently situated near Mortain where you will find shops, schools, doctors' surgeries, supermarkets, etc... and local walking, and fishing. Extensive recreational facilities can be found nearby including local waterfalls and walking clubs, canoeing and outdoor sports.
Major towns such as Caen, St Malo, St Lo, Falaise, Bayeux, Honfleur and Northern Britany available for day trips. Normandy landing beaches are easily accessible. Suisse Normande and Spa towns 35 minutes drive. Choices of Golf Clubs with open availability for non members.
Large French Mobile home site within 50 minutes for all resort facilities… pedaloes, canoe, football, fishing, pools with slides, snooker , entertainment. Sports centre with pool and slides, Go Karting and board park less than 15 minutes. Local village with many bars restaurants and shops. Weekly market on a Tuesday in Sourdeval, including Livestock. 20 mins to Bowling, sports centers and 18 hole golf course and the forest of Saint Sever. Beaches within an hour, river activities/ forests/ spa resort within 45 minutes.
The closest airports to the property are at Rennes (81 km), Dinard (83 km) and Deauville (118 km). The UNESCO heritage site of Mont St Michel is 41 km away. Ferry Ports are at Caen (50 miles), St Malo is 1 1/2 hours away and Cherbourg is 2 hours. Calais and the Euro Tunnel are approximately a 5 hour drive and the nearest train station is at Vire (15 miles) from where you can take a fast train to Paris.
Viewing is recommended to appreciate the quality finish and potential of this property.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Old septic tank which needs updating
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: