Beautiful house in a quiet position with far-reaching views over the surrounding countryside and a pretty landscaped garden of just under 2 acres arranged for ease of maintenance and there is a small paddock with room for a pony. The property benefits from partial double glazing with electric shutters and a stunning position near the Grande Cascade waterfall and within walking distance of the town of Mortain.
On the ground floor
- Conservatory 1.90 x 1.82m Fully glazed. Tiled floor. Door to front elevation.
- Entrance Hall 2.70 x 1.06m Door to conservatory. Tiled floor. Built-in shelves and display recess. Door to stairs to first floor.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 4.20 x 2.44m Window and glazed double doors to front elevation. Window to west and rear elevations. Tiled floor. Built-in cupboards including display shelves. Tiled worktop and splashbacks. Base and wall units. Double ceramic sink with mixer tap. Built-in dishwasher. 2 radiators. Built-in electric oven. 4 ring electric hob. Extractor over. Built-in fridge. VMC.
- Utility area : Tiled floor. Built-in cupboards. Tiled worktop and splashbacks. Cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Wine rack.
- Cloakroom WC. Tiled floor. Half tiled walls.
- “L” shaped Lounge/Dining Room 6.60 x 3.25 and 3.18 x 2.52m Tiled floor. Window and glazed door and side panel to rear elevation. 2 radiators. Glazed double doors and side panel to front elevation. Exposed beams. Granite fireplace with inset woodburner. Vent. Display recesses. Telephone socket.
On the First Floor
- Cupboard housing meters in stairwell.
- Landing Laminate flooring. L:arge built-in cupboard.
- Bedroom 1 3.25 x 2.97m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Laminate flooring. Vent from woodburner.
- “L” shaped Bedroom 2 2.87 x 2.49 and 1.54 x 1.21m Window to rear elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator. Built-in wardrobe with sliding door.
- Bedroom 3 4.00 x 3.45m Window to front elevation. Laminate flooring. Radiator.
- Bathroom 3.21 x 1.66m Obscure glazed window to west elevation. Twin vanity unit. Bidet. Iled floor. Partly tiled walls. Electric heated towel rail. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. VMC.
- Cloakroom WC. Tiled floor. Convector heater. Window to rear elevation.
- Small Lobby Window to rear elevation. Stairs to second floor.
On the Second Floor
- Loft 4.00 x 3.18m (Could be another bedroom) Boarded. Velux window to front elevation.
- Bedroom 4 Sitting area 3.23 x 2.17m Window to front elevation. Convector heater. Sloping ceiling. Bedroom 2.96 x 2.17m Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling.
- Cloakroom Velux window to rear elevation. WC. VMC. Plumbing for washing machine. Vanity unit with mirror and light over.
- Double wrought iron gates lead to tarmac drive, parking and turning area.
- Garden laid to lawn with mature flower and shrub borders. Terrace. Stone BBQ. Vegetable garden.
- Paddock with orchard, fenced with sheep fencing. Field shelter. Pond.
- Patio to the rear of the house. Outside lighting. Attached Double Car Port 5.18 x 4.90m Tiled floor and Workshop.
- Open fronted wood shed.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected
- Broadband internet connection.
- Electric heating.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank which was installed in 2010.
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
This beautiful detached house is on the outskirts of the town of Mortain with shops, schools, doctors' surgeries, supermarkets, etc. and local walking, and fishing. Extensive recreational facilities can be found nearby including local waterfalls and walking clubs, canoeing and outdoor sports. Major towns such as Caen, Saint Malo, Saint Lo, Falaise, Bayeux, Honfleur and Northern Brittany available for day trips.
Normandy landing beaches are easily accessible. Suisse Normande and Spa towns 35 minutes drive. Choices of Golf Clubs with open availability for non members. Large French Mobile home site within 50 minutes for all resort facilities… pedaloes, canoe, football, fishing, pools with slides, snooker , entertainment. Sports centre with pool and slides, Go Karting and board park less than 15 minutes. Local village with many bars restaurants and shops. Weekly market on a Tuesday in Sourdeval, including Livestock.
Environment & Surroundings
And Before You Ask
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: