This superb property is in a quiet rural hamlet on the outskirts of a village. It looks over its well maintained gardens and the lovely balcony makes the most of views over surrounding fields. The house has been completely renovated to a high standard and retains many character features including exposed stone walls, beams and granite fireplaces.
The accommodation is versatile and would lend itself to use for a B&B if required. The charming attached gîte offers a useful income or could be used as an annexe. For equestrian enthusiasts there are 3 stables and a tack room/feed store area, hay barn and workshop. There is direct access to bridleways from the property which leads to the Forest.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE MAIN HOUSE
On the Ground Floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 6.20 x 2.87m Glazed double doors to front elevation. Tiled floor. Range of matching base and wall units. Exposed stone wall. Part wood panelled walls. Radiator. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood over. Display cabinets. Pelmet lighting. Sink with mixer tap. Worktops and tiled splash-backs.
- Utility Area Tiled floor. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer.
- Garden Room 4.14 (max) x 3.89m Glazed double doors to west and window to west and north elevations. Radiator., Tiled floor.
- Cloakroom Window to west elevation. Tiled floor. Vanity unit. Shelving. WC.
- Dining Room 5.98 x 3.84m (max) Window to front and glazed double doors to rear elevations. Wood flooring. Feature stone recess. 2 radiators. Exposed beam.
- Lounge 5.96 x 4.78m Window and glazed double doors to front elevation. Wood flooring. Stairs to first floor. 2 radiators. Granite fireplace and display recess. Wood-burner. Cupboard housing electrics. Connecting door to Gite.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Stairs to second floor. Glazed double doors to balcony.
- Bedroom 1 6.17 x 3.79m Window to front and rear elevations. Granite ornamental fireplace. Exposed beams. Wood flooring. Radiator. Granite display niches. Recess with hanging space.
- Bathroom 3.37 x 3.00m Velux window to rear elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Pedestal basin. WC. Large shower. Heated electric towel rail. Clawfoot bath with mixer tap. Partly tiled walls.
- Bedroom 2/Study 4.26 x 2.15m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Bedroom 3 4.09 x .53m Window to west elevation with window seat. Wood flooring. Radiator. Convector heater. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 2.53 x 1.73m Velux window to rear elevation. Partly tiled walls. Bath with tiled surround, mixer tap/shower fitment and screen. Pedestal basin. WC. Heated towel rail.
On the Second Floor
- Mezzanine sitting area - Wood flooring. Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 4 3.12 x 2.82m 2 built-in cupboards. Velux window to front and rear elevations. Sloping ceiling. 2 convector heaters. Wood flooring.
- Bathroom Sloping ceiling. WC. Pedestal basin. Partly tiled walls. Wood flooring. Velux window to rear elevation. Heated towel rail. Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment. Inset spotlights.
- Bedroom 5 2.82 x 2.50m Velux window to front and small feature window with granite surround to west elevations. Convector heater. Wood flooring.
ACCOMMODATION IN THE ATTACHED GÎTE
On the Ground Floor
- Kitchen/Dining Room 3.59 x 2.64m Glazed door and window to east elevation. Range of matching base and wall units and display shelves. Granite worktops and tiled splash-backs. Corner sink with mixer tap. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood over. Tiled floor. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Exposed stone wall. Opening to:
- Lounge 3.68 x 3.58m Window to front elevation. Connecting door to lounge in main house. Stairs to first floor. Tiled floor. Exposed stone wall. Wood-burner.
On the First Floor
- Bedroom 3.61 x 2.44m Window to west and Velux window to front elevations. Sloping ceiling. Wood flooring. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Sloping ceiling. Velux window to rear elevation. Pedestal basin. Large shower. Heated towel rail. WC.
- To the front of the property is a gravelled area with rockery and flower beds and seating area.
- To the side of the main house and Gîte are separate parking areas. Outside lighting and taps.
- Enclosed private seating area for Gîte guests with mature shrubs and flower beds. Patio.
- Stone Outbuilding used as wood store and boiler room. Tiled roof. Arch through to garden of main house.
- Stable Block consisting of 3 stables each 4.00 x 4.00m with rubber matting and 2 rubber walled automatic water feeders.
- Attached lean-to Hay Store and concrete yard area.
- Attached Workshop 8.00 x 3.08m Tap. Concrete floor. Power and light.
- Chicken coop. Vegetable garden and polytunnel.
- 3 interconnecting paddocks with electric fencing.
- Separate access to top field with an easy access in and out drive. Well.
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage to an all water septic tank installed in 2004.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Double glazed windows.
- Taxes Foncières (land tax) 763 €uros per annum
- Video available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The house is situated in Southern Normandy half way between the lively medieval market town of Villedieu les Poêles, famous for its copper production and the historic town of Vire, renowned for its culinary delights. The nearest village is within walking distance with a bar, bakery and small store for essentials and Saint Pois is slightly further away.
The closest town, being some 10 minute drive away, is Brécey. Here you will find the local supermarket - Super U which also offers Petrol/Diesel facilities 24 hours a day. The town also has other shops, bars and restaurants including a pizzeria, bakeries & banks schools and doctors' surgery.
The nearest airport is Dinard - 1 hour away. The nearest ferry is at Caen Ouistreham (1 hour) and the channel tunnel is at Calais which is about 4 hours away. The property is 50 km from the famous Mont St Michel and its bay and 40 km from Granville, with boats to the Channel islands. The house is also within easy reach of the D-day landing beaches. The forest of Saint Sever is within a 10 minute drive.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Small gas bottles required for cooking
Nationality of Owners: