Elegant 18th Century Château with a chapel and outbuildings set in grounds extending to 7.5 acres in the Eure department of Normandy. This chateau property was re-built in 1834 and has been completely renovated by the present owners over the last 19 years.
In 2006 the roof was replaced and the building was insulated, 4 microstations were fitted for drainage with 3 sand filter beds. The ground floor is single glazed but the first and second floors are double glazed. The land has all been drained and the cabling is underground, including provision for electric gates. On the second floor there is a self-contained apartment with 3 bedrooms. All rooms are spacious with high ceilings and large windows.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE CHATEAU
On the ground floor
- Entrance Hall 3.83 x 2.71m Marble flooring. Partly glazed double doors to south elevation. Built-in cupboards. 2 radiators. Stairs to first floor. Coving and ceiling rose. Cupboard with hanging space. Double doors to:
- Lounge 5.94 x 4.65m 2 windows to front and 2 to west elevations. Marble fireplace. Parquet flooring. 2 radiators. Part wood panelled walls. Coving and ceiling rose. Built-in cupboard with shelving. Double doors to:
- Dining Room 6.14 x 4.65m 2 radiators. Parquet flooring. 2 windows to west and 2 to north elevations. Coving and ceiling rose. Built-in cupboard with shelving. Marble fireplace. Double doors to:
- Rear Hall Window to north elevation. Stairs to first floor. Quarry tiled floor. Radiator. Door to stairs to:
- Wine Cellar Brick flooring.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.57 x 4.92m 2 windows to rear, door and window to east elevations. Fireplace with wood-burner. Quarry tiled floor. Oak kitchen with matching base and wall units. 2 radiators. 5 ring gas and 2 ring electric hob with extractor over. Granite worktops. Stainless steel sinks with mixer tap. Shelving. Door to:
- Walk-in Pantry Shelving. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer. Built-in cupboard.
- Inner Hall Quarry tiled floor. Cupboard housing boiler and hot water cylinder.
- Cloakroom Pedestal basin. WC. Quarry tiled floor. 3 windows. Radiator.
- Study 4.01 x 3.77m 2 built-in cupboard – one housing electrics. 2 windows to south elevation. Parquet flooring. 2 radiators. Marble fireplace.
On the First Floor
- Galleried Landing 6.81 x 4.05m Wood flooring. Radiator. Window to south elevation. Ceiling ros4. Door to stairs to second floor. Door to stairs to second staircase.
- Bedroom 1 5.34 x 4.93m 2 windows to front elevation. Radiator. Conve4ctor heater. Shelving. Walk-in wardrobe. Door to:
- “Jack & Jill” En-suite Bathroom Window to west elevation. Marble flooring. Bidet. WC. Bath with tiled surround, mixer tap/shower fitment and shower screen. Radiator. Pedestal basin.
- Bedroom 2 4.88 x 4.50m 2 windows to north elevation. Built-in shelves. Walk-in wardrobe. Radiator.
- Bedroom 3 4.66 x 3.92m Wood flooring. 2 windows to rear elevation. Radiator. Convector heater. Built-in shelves. Marble fireplace. Coving and ceiling rose. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment, tiled surround and shower screen. Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Vanity unit. Bidet. WC. Built-in cupboard. Marble flooring.
- Master Bedroom 6.16 x 4.99m 2 windows to front and 1 to east elevations. Wood flooring. Radiator. Convector heater. Ceiling rose. Wardrobe. Walk-in wardrobe. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 3.40 x 1.91m Bath with mixer tap/shower fitment, tiled surround and shower screen. Twin vanity unit. WC. Bidet. Window to east elevation. Wood flooring. Heated towel rail. Radiator
On the Second Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Velux window to rear elevation. Radiator.
- Shower Room 2.37 x 2.37m Tiled floor. Vanity unit. Corner shower with jets. Heated towel rail. Sliding door to eaves storage space.
- Bedroom 5 5.20 x 3.07m Sloping ceiling. Wood flooring. Radiator. Exposed beams.
- Study 3.75 x 1.75m Velux window. Door to turret (clock tower). Wood flooring. Exposed beams. Sloping ceiling. Radiator.
- Bedroom 6 4.29 x 3.22m Sloping ceiling. Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Radiator. Exposed beams.
- Living Room (with corner kitchen) 8.28 x 4.75m Exposed beams. Window to front and east elevations. 3 radiators. Wood flooring. Sloping ceiling.
- Corner Kitchen Base units with worktops and tiled splashbacks. Space and plumbing for slimline dishwasher. Built-in oven and 2 ring hob with extractor over. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Space for free standing fridge/freezer.
- Cloakroom Tiled floor and walls. Hatch to loft. WC. Hand basin.
- Bedroom 7 5.95 x 3.16m Window to front elevation. Exposed beams. Wood flooring. Radiator.
- Park like gardens laid to lawn with long private drive, shrubs and mature trees. Outside lighting. Pond.
- Chapel constructed of brick and stone under a slate roof. (needs repair) Clay tiled floor. Stained glass arched window and partly glazed double doors to front elevation.
- Dovecote constructed of stone and brick with slate roof. Double wooden doors.
- Single block and corrugated iron Garage/Shed.
- Dog run.
- Yard area with brick paviour. Orchard.
- Old Detached Guardian's House 10m x 10m to renovate. (Used as workshop). Brick flooring.
- Open Fronted Barn 21.00 x 6.40m 3 bays and store room. Attached Barn constructed of block under a roof of corrugated iron . Sliding door to front elevation.
- Detached building 9.00 x 6.67m Constructed of stone and brick under a slate roof. Solid oak doors. Brick flooring. Power and light. Electric heating. One end used as storage for camping car. Kitchen area - Double stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Base units and worktop. Space for fridge/freezer. Hot water cylinder. Stairs to loft storage space over. Shower Room Walk-in shower. Extractor. WC. Pedestal basin. Spotlights. Tiled floor. Attached building to the rear.
- Second access via double metal gates
- Mains water, telephone and electricity are connected.
- Drainage is to 4 micro-stations .
- Oil fired central heating in the main part of the house
- Electric convector heaters heat the first and second floors.
- Broadband internet .
ABOUT THE AREA & ACCESS
This chateau property is situated in a quiet rural environment yet is only 4km from a small normand town with a few excellent shops and pharmacy, in the department of Eure of the french region Haute-Normandie. The house is in an accessible position just 4 kms from the motorway. There is a local Infant school in the village and a bus service to the Primary School (7 km) and College (14 km).
Pont Audemer at 13 kms is the nearest large town, it has a medieval town centre and excellent twice-weekly markets. Honfleur and Deauville are within a 30 minute drive and the Deauville St Gatien airport has flights to London City (less than an hour with a 15 minute check-in at both ends).
The channel tunnel at Calais is about 210 km away and Paris is 130 km or 1 1/4 hours by train from Bernay (25 km). It is 32 km from the ferry at Le Havre and an hour from Ouistreham (Caen). The nearest sandy beach is approximately 20 minutes drive at Honfleur or Deauville which is 35 minutes drive and the D-Day landing beaches are about an hour by car.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: