This lovely Tarn village house with a swimming pool and lovely views from the terrace is situated in a pretty hamlet near Puycelsi in the Tarn department in southwest France.
This light-filled stone house (approx. 171 sq.m) is located in a pretty hamlet typical of the region. It enjoys a beautiful view of Puycelsi on the other side of the valley.
The medieval village of Puycelsi is a short drive from the house with its wonderful architecture, its shops and restaurants. There are so many medieval villages and attractions in the area as well as Montauban which is about 45 minutes away. Gaillac, with all its vineyards, train station and supermarkets is about 25 minutes away, Albi 40 minutes and Toulouse with its airport at Blagnac is about 50 minutes.
Even before you arrive at the property, you are immediately aware of its surroundings: the small neighbouring château and its pond, some beautiful facades, some tall trees and the woodland beyond. In addition to the 3 or 4 bedrooms, depending on your needs, you will fall under the spell of the large living room (48 sqm) with its fireplace and access to the vast terrace with views over the rooftops and further along the valley that winds its way to Puycelsi.
The fully-equipped kitchen opening onto the living room, the garage and cellar, a laundry room, the attic and, more generally, the property's state of repair really won us over. What can we say about this pretty swimming pool with counter-current, surrounded by stone walls and arches, opening onto a terrace that is just perfect for relaxing and for entertaining.
The Village House
The ground floor
Entering through a large portico that opens onto a first terrace, partly covered by the first-floor terrace with the pool to the side and a further al fresco dining area on the other side of the arches. All the floors on the ground and first floor are tiled.
- Hallway - With a range of full height storage cupbards to the side and on to a larger central hallway with sstairs up to the first floor and doors off to
- Bedroom 2 (3,9m x 2,7m) With radiator and window to the side.
- Bedroom 3 (4,6m x 3,1m) With radiator and window to the side.
- Livning room/study/bedroom 4 (6,4m x 4m). A good sized room with radiator and double doors leading out on to the lower terrace.
- Shower Room (2,8m x 1,6m) With corner shower cubicle, basin and WC.
- Utility Room (5m x 3,4m) With gas fired boiler, units, plumbing for washing machine. This could easily make an second kitchen or summer kitchen if wanted.
The first floor
- From the hallway, tiled stairs lead up to the first floor and to another hallway with acces to the other rooms and to the large loft space via a drop down ladder.
- Master bedroom (4,9m max by 3,9m) A slightly L shaped room with radiator and window to the front.
- Master ensuite (3,0m x 2,9m) With partly tiled walls, bath with shower screen and shower over, vanity unit with two basins, WC and radiator.
- Dressing room (3m x 1,9m) With a range of full height cupboards to the side and access hatchn to the loft with drop down ladder.
- Loft Space Covering part of the area over the living room and also over the master bedroom suite. Great potential.
- Kitchen (4,9m x 3,3m) With a fully fitted range of kitchen units, worktops, built in oven, hob, extractor hood and fridge with a very useful central island and dual aspect windows to the front and side pof the house.
- Living/Dining Room (11,8m x 4,1m) A stunning room with an insert fireplace at the far end and two sets of double doors on both sides of the room giving access to the long top terrace outside.
Outside, with Views
- Top terrace About 11,5m in length, this fabulous area with railings all around overlooks the pool and loweer terrace and has those stunning views over the tiled roof tops in the villafge and towards Puyclesi and the surrounding fields and woodlands in the distance. A wonderful space for entertaining and being on the north side of the house has some shade for a lot of the day but looks over the south facing hills which are lit up when the sun shines.
- Lower terrace Accessed from both the ground floor and through the new entrance gates from the village road, this very private area has both an open terrace area, a covered area which is under the top terrace and a further corner for al fresco dining overlooking the roof tops with a number of arches giving much character to this area and access to the pool.
- Swimming Pool (5m x 4m) A chlorine based pool with a contra flow systemn allowing ypou to swim against the tide should you so wish! The liner was replaced in 2020 and there is also a rigid cover. The pool is surrounded by a mixture of stone walls and arches.
- Accessed from the village road are the single garage and cellar.
The Area and Access
Contact us for more details about this property or to arrange visits.
- The property is located in a small hamlet a short drive to the popular village of Puycelsi with its shops and restaurant.
- The larger centres of Gaillac are about 25 minutes away, Albi nearly 40 minutes and then Toulouse about 50 minutes.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Central heating (gas)
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Buried gas tank
Nationality of Owners: