Superb detached house with 3 B&B rooms and 2.6 acres of land in quiet rural area in the Calvados area of Normandy. The house is believed to have been built in 1649 and it was completely refurbished this century, around 2013 with high quality fixtures and fittings, spacious rooms and plenty of character features. Outside the recently built barn offers potential to those wishing to work from home or for a car collector.
There are three first floor B&B rooms which each let for 68€ per night. One has a private sitting room and the en-suire bathroom will be finished shortly. There is further potential to create a fifth en-suite bedroom in the loft and plumbing is already in place, the walls are plastered, etc.
On the ground floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room 5.22 x 4.91m Glazed double doors to front and rear elevations. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Range of matching base units with double ceramic sink with mixer tap. Matching large central island with shelving and cupboards under. Space for free standing range style cooker. 2 radiators. Fitted shelves. Worktops and splashbacks. Under counter fridge. Built-in dishwasher. Tiled floor. Stable door to:
- Lounge 5.73 x 5.04m 2 radiators. Cupboard housing electrics. Granite fireplace. Laminate flooring. Partly glazed door and window to front and window to rear elevations. Partly glazed double doors to:
- Dining Room 5.31 x 3.18m Exposed beams. Stairs to first floor. Door and glazed side panels and small window to front elevation. Radiator. Telephone socket. Laminate flooring. Inset spotlights. Door to:
- Utility Room 2.31 x 2.07m Stainless steel double sink with mixer tap and cupboard under. Fitted shelves. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Laminate flooring. Window to front elevation. Radiator. Worktop. Under counter fridge. Space for free standing upright fridge/freezer. Door to:
- Cloakroom Tiled floor. WC. ~Pedestal basin. Window to rear elevation.
On the First Floor
- Split Level Landing 2 radiators. 2 staircases to second floor. Window to rear elevation. Dressing Room 3.40 x 1.68m Wood flooring. Radiator. Hanging rails.
- Bathroom 5.07 x .35m Bath with mixer tap. Radiator. Inset spotlights. Hand basin. WC.
- Bedroom 1 3.26 x 3.17m Window to front elevation. Radiator. Laminate flooring. Exposed beam. Inset spotlights.
- Bedroom 2 4.08 x 3.59m Radiator. Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Opening to:
- En-Suite Shower Room Fully tiled walk-in shower. Radiator. Hand basin. WC.
- Bedroom Suite 4.12 x 2.66m Radiator. Window to rear elevation. Radiator. Door to:
- Sitting Room 5.01 x 2.66m Radiator. Door to stairs to garden. Door to:
- En-Suite Shower Room WC. Hand basin. Walk-in shower.
On the Second Floor
- Fully plastered loft space with good head height (ideal to convert to another bedroom) Plumbing for En-Suite shower room.
- Landing (via second staircase) Laminate flooring. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams.
- Master Bedroom 5.87 x 2.35m Exposed "A" frame. Walk-in wardrobe. 2 radiators. Laminate flooring. Window to west elevation. Sloping ceiling. Door to:
- Large Well Fitted Bathroom 4 x 2.35m Exposed "A" frame. 2 radiators. Modern free standing broll top bath with mixer tap. Pedestal basin. WC. Step up to large fully tiled walk-in shower.
- The property is approached through double wooden gates and a wide gravel drive with parking and turning area.
- Large Open Fronted Barn 19 x 7m and 4.50m high. Ideal for camping cars, caravan, horse boxes etc. Concrete floor.
- Large garden mainly laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs. Patio. Well. Summer House with double partly glazed door to front elevation. Splash pool.
- On the other side of the lane the paddocks extend to just under 2 acres with open fronted barns and a field shelter.
- Mains water, electricity and telephone.
- Drainage is to an all water septic tank believed to have been installed in 2013.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Oil fired central heating (boiler replaced in 2021).
- Taxes Foncières – Approx. 1,390€ per annum
- VIDEO available on request
ABOUT THE AREA AND ACCESS
The property is situated between two quiet villages, whilst Vire and Villedieu-Les-Poeles are both pleasant historic towns approx 10-15 minutes drive away. The village of St Sever has a good variety of local shops including a pharmacy, dry-cleaners as well as all the essential food and delicacies for which the region is famous.
Saint Sever is a farming/market town with a substantial range of local shops and facilities. Granville, with its excellent beaches, sailing marina and fishing port is only a 30-minute drive west from St Sever, with Mont St. Michel, Bayeux with its famous tapestry, Avranches, Coutances, St Lo and the D-Day landing sites in easy reach.
The property is easily accessible with airports at Caen Carpiquet (1 hour), Rennes, Dinard and Deauville offering direct flights from the UK. The Channel Ports of Caen Ouistreham (1 hour) and both Le Havre and Cherbourg (90 minutes)are easily accessible and it will take 4 hours to drive to the Channel tunnel at Calais. There is a mainline train station at Vire which is on the Paris/Granville line and connects with Paris in about 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Viewing is recommended to appreciate this superb property.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Central heating (oil)
Reason for selling:
Property too big / small
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: