This attractive detached house has accommodation arranged over 3 floors and benefits from open-plan living accommodation on the ground floor with plenty of windows and doors leading to the south-facing patio. Formerly the main stable block had outline planning permission to convert into a gîte.
The property overlooks its garden and paddocks and has fantastic outriding and walking. There is the possibility of purchasing an additional 7 acres of land just five minutes walk away with a large detached barn by separate negotiation.
On the ground floor
- Open Plan Lounge/Dining Room/Kitchen 8.20 x 5.71m Partly glazed door and side panel and 2 windows to front elevation. Glazed double doors to west and 2 windows to rear elevations.
- Kitchen/Dining Room Area Tiled floor. Stairs to first floor. Convector heater. Range of matching base and wall units including end display unit. Tiled worktops and splash-backs. Built-in dishwasher and electric oven. Recess for microwave. 2 sinks with mixer tap. Telephone socket.
- Lounge Area Granite fireplace with wood-burner. Wood flooring. 2 convector heaters. Exposed beam. Telephone socket.
- Utility Room Convector heater. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Window to front elevation. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Door to Boot Room. Cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
- Cloakroom Wood flooring. WC.
- Boot Room 3.71 x 2.53m (minimum) Partly glazed door and window to front and window to east elevations. Concrete floor.
On the First Floor
- Landing Wood flooring. Stairs to second floor. Exposed beam. Convector heater.
- Bedroom 1 3.57 x 2.67m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. Convector heater. Ornamental granite fireplace. Exposed beam.
- Shower Room 2.0p5 x 1.89m Vanity unit. Window to rear elevation. WC. Wood flooring. Heated electric towel rail. Corner shower.
- Master Bedroom 5.79 x 3.61m Windows to front and rear elevations. Wood flooring. Convector heater. Exposed beam. Built-in cupboard. Telephone socket. Door to:
- En-Suite Bathroom 2.19 x 1.83m Window to front elevation. Wood flooring. WC. Vanity unit. Heated electric towel rail. Bath with fully tiled surround, mixer tap/shower fitment and screen.
On the Second Floor
- Mezzanine Sitting Area/Occasional Bedroom 3.53 x 2.30m Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Exposed “A” frame.
- Bedroom 3 3.16 x 2.30m Velux window to front elevation. Sloping ceiling. Exposed beams. Hatch to 2 insulated eaves storage spaces which runs the full length of the property. Telephone socket.
- Large patio to south. Outside lights.
- Mature hedges and trees.
- Garden laid to lawn with mature trees, shrubs and flower beds.
- Ornamental raised stone pond.
- Borehole with pump.
- Detached Stone Barn (Former Planning Permission to convert) Corrugated iron and Fibro cement roof . 2 doors and sliding door to front elevation. Internal stables:
- 4.03 x 3.27m Concrete floor.
- 4.00 x 3.00m Concrete floor.
- 4.00 x 3.27m Concrete floor.
- 4.51 x 3.72m Earth floor.
- Attached Open Fronted Hay Barn/Tractor Shed 6.47 x 3.29m
- Separate Detached Open Fronted Barn 7.18 x 7.00m.
- Attached Open Fronted Lean-to 7.18 x 4.48m
- Attached Barn with Concrete floor. Sliding door to west and door to front elevations. Divided into Workshop. Tack Room with power and light. 2 internal stables:
- 4.13 x 2.53m
- 4.13 x 3.84m
- Separate Detached Stone Stable 5.51 x 2.82m Corrugated iron roof.
ABOUT THE AREA
The property is located in the Orne department, in the Normandy region of France. The pretty village of Lonlay l'Abbaye is about 6 km away. More extensive facilities can be found in the historic town of Domfront, which is a 15 minute drive and the town of Flers with a swimming pool, bowling, restaurants, shops and schools (about 10 minutes drive) or Vire (15 minutes drive).
The closest airport is Deauville Airport (99 km) also within reach are Dinard Airport (100 km), Rennes Airport (101 km), or Angers Airport (128 km). The UNESCO Heritage site of Mont St Michel is 58 km away and the coast at Granville is about 1 1/2 hours' drive.
It is about 25 minutes to a 9 hole golf course Golf De Bagnoles - Route de Domfront at Bagnoles sur Orne. The ferry ports are within easy reach - 1 hour to Caen Ouistreham, 4 1/2 hours to Calais, 2 1/2 hours to Le Harvre port or Cherbourg. It is about 2 hours 15 mins to Paris by train.
Save this Property to your favourites or
Send an Enquiry to receive more images. To receive alerts of similar properties or to arrange a visit, simply register here.
And Before You Ask
Ready to move in
Reason for selling:
Condition of Roof:
Very good condition
Recent septic tank
Nationality of Owners: